Where are our manufacturer's and vendor's?

wrongway

After looking over the "Paid Entries" post by Jeff I have noticed something VERY strange. Where are all of the manufacturers and vendor's?? We had something like 20 page's of argument's about turbocharger's and there is not one single manufacturer entry!! Vendor's, you do remember WHERE your money come's from don't you? Every single vendor and or manufacturer is benefitting one way or another from this race and all of the races and event's that we have been to all year. Scheid put at least two entrie's, Suncoast has three I believe and my hat goe's off to them guy's. Where is HTT, E.D., Source, Hamilton Cam's, Smarty, SCT, Edge, Diablo, Superchip, Quadzilla, Silverline, Magnaflow, TS, Bullydog, DP Tuner, Bank's, Air Dog, FASS, Diesel Innovation, First Coast, Quick Trick's, Mumau Diesel, XS Batteries, Wide Open, Grandrock, Industrial Injection, Motorsports Supply, M&H Tire's, BD Diesel, Swamps, DTT, Goerand, NADP, Fleece, New Era, Dr. Performance, and these are just the one's off the top of my head. Pony up guy's, put a racer in the race. Where else can you go to an EVENT of this magnitude and set up as a vendor to sell the product's that WE all use for 2 day's for $500.00?? Make a donation, sponsor a product to give away, sponsor one of YOUR customer's!! We need to set an example right here right now to finance OUR sport and keep it alive. This is the kind of people that PAY good money for YOUR product's!!!!!!!! It's TIME to GIVE BACK a little. I'm hoping for a VERY good turnout at the race in February, so what's keeping you from doing YOUR share back?? Potential racer's feel free to contact whoever you BUY your part's from to sponsor you or someone in this race. To all of the vendor's and manufacturer's that have'nt contributed to this sport, I hope to see you there! Gary

Last edited:
Our checks in the mail Gary!

Thank you very much Glenn, we need more like you! I really do look forward to having as many vendor's as possible. Bradenton Motorsport's Park is welcoming the diesel community with open arm's! They cannot wait for this event to kick off. We have a really good chance to make ourselve's shine, and they have a TON of room for vendor's to set up. Thank's again, Gary

I thought about entering...I think with 1,000 pounds in the back of project rust bucket, I could stand it on the bumper :lolly:

Thats pitiful, 133 views and no vendors or manufacturer's have defended their decision. It doesn't look good on you guy's from a consumer's standpoint:pop: Gary

I have personally written several check to several company's for sponsorship and or food and beverages.

We spent a bunch with an organization but it did not work out.

My check should already be there and cashed... Lookin forward to it!

If any other manufactures want to help us out I am more then willing to share with you our plans and would love any help we can get with the expenses of the trip!

Our check is in the mail! Would have already been there but in typical corporate fashion it got delayed on someone's desk! I figure that if I can find a truck to race, then we'll "sponsor" my entry, otherwise we'll find someone else to sponsor.

I would say your gonna be a bit before, I mean look how long the thread was talking about the rules and such. The weight limit might be an issue, etc, etc.

Gentlemen, I really appreciate your entries and or contribution's. I know this is going to be a serious race and I would love to see a vendor row that is packed. Don't forget, Jeff and I will help anyone that want's to participate in the race or the vending side of it. I am much closer to the track than Jeff is so if you have any special needs or help in planning your trip I will most certainly help you. Just shoot me a pm and I'll get you an answer as quick as possible. Thank you, Gary

Another thought that crossed my mind. If anyone need's a place to store their product's I have 3 acres and a shop about an hour from the track. Gary

Thats pitiful, 133 views and no vendors or manufacturer's have defended their decision. It doesn't look good on you guy's from a consumer's standpoint:pop: Gary

Ummm..... Thats nice. Now we're an poor example because we haven't sent you $500.00 or sponsored a race truck for the event. (yet). Wow thats some pressure there buddy.
Because we (Mumau Diesel) have been publicly called out, I have no choice to defend myself.... I guess.
I think your idea is awesome. I honestly believe this event was set up with the good of the sport in mind.
However, I don't think we should be persecuted in front of the Diesel public because I didn't send a check. (yet). When I spoke to you this morning I didn't realize that you had called every vendor on here by name and basically said we don't look good from the consumer stand point due to the fact we did not stroke a check and get it mailed in the short amount of time between the announcement, and today. It hurts a little honestly. We have never been real big on handing out checks to get our name mentioned. We have never been real big on putting our name throughout Diesel type rags. We have never been real big on pumping ourselves up.

What we have been big on is customer service. We've handed out some free or highly discounted parts here and there, and I feel we have been responsible for getting more than a few trucks to the track on time. Chit Gary, we've been playing with hot rod diesels since before most of todays customer base was even alive !!!!
I am not saying that we are not interested in sponsoring your event. I see your point clearly. But I guarantee you one thing, putting a gun to our heads isn't going to motivate us a whole lot. It's like... I don't know.

Again. I think the event and the whole sponsor a racer idea is great. I can also plainly see that 500.00 is a small price to pay to be part of this great event. I'm not an idiot, I just play one on the INTERNET. :)

You asked me to defend our position. Done.

Jeff

Gary

Just a thought, since no one called the vendors and asked for some sponsorship. We have a truck coming and are giving money to the truck owner. I know he is already registered. We are just coming for the race and to have some fun. So seen no need for his entry to have my name on it. If any other sponsorship is needed let us know.

Chuck Rucker
New Era Diesel

I have personally written several check to several company's for sponsorship and or food and beverages.

We spent a bunch with an organization but it did not work out.
Bob il be running smarty stickers on race day. i think a truck running the ssr has a very good shot at this...

Anyone that wants to throw some parts at my truck is more than welcome:rockwoot:Ill take anything I can get! A couple of the vendors that are already entered have they're name on my truck(Geno's, Black's diesel), and I use a SMARTY that Bob has done more than anyone will ever know. Thank you to everyone that has been productive in this! There's plenty of real estate on my truck, so I appreciate any help I can get:rockwoot::rockwoot:

We will have another entry in this by next week. James Oneal Dodge will be mailing Jeff a check asap. I just hope we can get their project done in time, lol. Its all coming out of mine/Oneals pockets to build this thing. I haven't ask anybody for any free parts, but I have told lots of vendors/manufacturers about this deal and what it takes to be a part of it. And oddly enough, the majority of them have not been interested or wanted to help in any way. If I were a big name vendor or manufacturer, Id want my stuff on as many trucks as possible in this race. I have a feeling there will be a LOT of companies trying to get in after they see how big this is gonna be. And by then, it may be too late. I would like to mention the people that have offered us help so far. Big thanks to Dave Goerend, Bob Wagner and Geno's Garage(for Aron's truck).

Turbo Builders, we still need three turbos!!!!!!!!!! (haha, is this the right way to beg? Never done it before)

After looking over the "Paid Entries" post by Jeff I have noticed something VERY strange. Where are all of the manufacturers and vendor's?? We had something like 20 page's of argument's about turbocharger's and there is not one single manufacturer entry!! Vendor's, you do remember WHERE your money come's from don't you? Every single vendor and or manufacturer is benefitting one way or another from this race and all of the races and event's that we have been to all year. Scheid put at least two entrie's, Suncoast has three I believe and my hat goe's off to them guy's. Where is HTT, E.D., Source, Hamilton Cam's, Smarty, SCT, Edge, Diablo, Superchip, Quadzilla, Silverline, Magnaflow, TS, Bullydog, DP Tuner, Bank's, Air Dog, FASS, Diesel Innovation, First Coast, Quick Trick's, Mumau Diesel, XS Batteries, Wide Open, Grandrock, Industrial Injection, Motorsports Supply, M&H Tire's, BD Diesel, Swamps, DTT, Goerand, NADP, Fleece, New Era, Dr. Performance, and these are just the one's off the top of my head. Pony up guy's, put a racer in the race. Where else can you go to an EVENT of this magnitude and set up as a vendor to sell the product's that WE all use for 2 day's for $500.00?? Make a donation, sponsor a product to give away, sponsor one of YOUR customer's!! We need to set an example right here right now to finance OUR sport and keep it alive. This is the kind of people that PAY good money for YOUR product's!!!!!!!! It's TIME to GIVE BACK a little. I'm hoping for a VERY good turnout at the race in February, so what's keeping you from doing YOUR share back?? Potential racer's feel free to contact whoever you BUY your part's from to sponsor you or someone in this race. To all of the vendor's and manufacturer's that have'nt contributed to this sport, I hope to see you there! Gary

We talked to Jeff on day one.. We have 3 trucks going.

Thank's for the feedback gentlemen, I'm just trying to keep the interest level up. I know 99% of the vendor's will come through for just about anyone here. Gary

I think it is great to have people like blacks diesel, beans diesel, fleece, prostreet and other small shops step up first when they know for a fact they are going to go head to head with a few big buisness sponsored trucks!
That is cool to see! Obviously these guys are confident of a product. This race has the potential to make products look bad if they don't make the show on friday! That would hurt the many chest pounding loud mouths that are always claiming the worlds best injector or intercooler. I don't think it would set well to have your azz handed to you by one of these small shops!
I have a lot of entries on the way that I know the money is good. This race is going well! I have not been recieved well by the big manufacturers of our diesel products, but any time you talk about writing a check you get treated like a telemarketer! TS performance, PPE, HTT,II SCT are a few that have comitted recently and are in the process of getting the money in. This is gonna be a BLAST!:rockwoot:

Ummm..... Thats nice. Now we're an poor example because we haven't sent you $500.00 or sponsored a race truck for the event. (yet). Wow thats some pressure there buddy.
Because we (Mumau Diesel) have been publicly called out, I have no choice to defend myself.... I guess.
I think your idea is awesome. I honestly believe this event was set up with the good of the sport in mind.
However, I don't think we should be persecuted in front of the Diesel public because I didn't send a check. (yet). When I spoke to you this morning I didn't realize that you had called every vendor on here by name and basically said we don't look good from the consumer stand point due to the fact we did not stroke a check and get it mailed in the short amount of time between the announcement, and today. It hurts a little honestly. We have never been real big on handing out checks to get our name mentioned. We have never been real big on putting our name throughout Diesel type rags. We have never been real big on pumping ourselves up.

What we have been big on is customer service. We've handed out some free or highly discounted parts here and there, and I feel we have been responsible for getting more than a few trucks to the track on time. Chit Gary, we've been playing with hot rod diesels since before most of todays customer base was even alive !!!!
I am not saying that we are not interested in sponsoring your event. I see your point clearly. But I guarantee you one thing, putting a gun to our heads isn't going to motivate us a whole lot. It's like... I don't know.

Again. I think the event and the whole sponsor a racer idea is great. I can also plainly see that 500.00 is a small price to pay to be part of this great event. I'm not an idiot, I just play one on the INTERNET. :)

You asked me to defend our position. Done.

Jeff

I know you have helped me out tons with my truck and I know many others that you have helped out also. Sending $500 off won't make you any better or worse. Save the money for the time machine!

Back