Where can i get a decent price on wheel bearings?

c-hawk

Liberals Suck...
I need wheel bearings on my 01. 190,000 on the original part and they are shot. I have looked around and the prices i'm getting are higher then what i've seen most report.

Napa 417 each
carquest 411 each
dealer 308 each
quad4x4 328 each

I thought i had read of people getting them for closer to 200 each. If so, where?

Thanks,

Chris

Um??? Napa around here sells them for $260 + tax. I bought one for my truck this spring and one for Dads truck this summer

Lavon

Um??? Napa around here sells them for $260 + tax. I bought one for my truck this spring and one for Dads truck this summer

Lavon

That's crazy. I was thinking they looked up the wrong part, but then when i called carquest and got almost the exact same price i figured they were just asking that much for them around here.

I had a good friend, Will, call another parts chain locally and his price was something like 360 even with their business discount.

I can't believe the dealer may be my cheapest source. :bang

Nick,

I looked around on the site and i can only find them listed for half ton trucks. I appreciate the help though.

Chris

Are the later then 99 trucks equiped differently? The 8-lug D60 4x4 lugs are on there for 94-99 according to their listing. Didn't know if the 99 limit was just irrelevant as I used to run into that with my camaro all the time (many stores thought the 2000 year was the last year of the ls1 motor lol).

Lavon

I bought one from Napa last summer for my truck for around $250ish also

Are the later then 99 trucks equiped differently? The 8-lug D60 4x4 lugs are on there for 94-99 according to their listing. Didn't know if the 99 limit was just irrelevant as I used to run into that with my camaro all the time (many stores thought the 2000 year was the last year of the ls1 motor lol).

4 wheel abs is one difference, there may be others i'm not aware of.

Thanks!

I bought one from Napa last summer for my truck for around $250ish also

I just called a bunch more stores...

A different napa - same 417
Autozone - 380
another carquest - 412
advanced auto - 359
pepboys - 199 (but the guy didn't seem to have a clue what he was looking for so i almost doubt it's the right part)

This sucks. LOL

I just called a bunch more stores...

A different napa - same 417
Autozone - 380
another carquest - 412
advanced auto - 359
pepboys - 199 (but the guy didn't seem to have a clue what he was looking for so i almost doubt it's the right part)

This sucks. LOL

I can call the one here in StL if you want, the owner works the counter and has an 01. So he always keeps parts in stock :D

I can call the one here in StL if you want, the owner works the counter and has an 01. So he always keeps parts in stock :D

I would appreciate it, or if you have the number i can call them.

Thanks.

Chris

I would appreciate it, or if you have the number i can call them.

Thanks.

Chris

Here is there number: (314) 487-7272
They have it listed on their website for $335 or $447... Either the price went up or they cut me a hell of a deal last summer.

salvos is a chain on here on this side of the big ditch and they had mine in stock for $270 after tax when i needed one.

This site has pretty good pricing.
http://www.rockauto.com/index.php?a=G-autoparts
It's listed under the Brake/Wheel hub then Axle bearing hub. Looks like they are $234 for the Timken.
Start soaking the hub with penetrant now. They don't come off easy! Just ask T.J about it!
Wrenchinday1-19-2008004.jpg

Prices on bearings have gone up quite a bit over the past year..

If you can't get anywhere with Nick's guy, let me know..

Back