Where can i get a wastegate solenoid?

BTO86

HDDP
Did some searching and couldn't really find what i was looking for. I have a customer trying to sell his truck but threw a check engine light. Its for the solenoid and i found where the wire loom from another harness has chewed through the solenoid wires right where they go in. Henceforth, causing them to corrode. If anybody has one they would like to part with that would be great too. I looked it up on Cummins Quickserve and it's saying that it is unavailable. Any help is appreciated. Brian

Wastegate solenoid

Give Jeff a call at Mumau Diesel. 724 354 3994. He IS a Cummins Dealer.

I have one that I don't need, a far as I know it works ...

I used to have a bunch of them. let me dig through the **** it bucket and see what I can come up with tomorrow

I know I'm a new guy here but not at a few of the "other" places but I'd buy a used solenoid off one of you for a good price as well. My boost has been stuck at 22psi high for a month and best price I can find on a new wg solenoid is like $200. Plus I think my cp3 just died on me so it's not been a good month for my baby and my wallet. All this and the Scheid extravaganza only weeks away. Lol

Also I can't PM yet until I can give my valuable input on about 6 more posts... Let's see what I can add for the community here. Lol

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just ended up getting a wastegate fooler from Industrial. I figure it's a cheap fix for the customer at $25. A lot cheaper than a solenoid anyway.

I picked up the same thing... II boost fooler. That should take care of it when I get that on.

A 100ohm 1/4 watt resister from radio shack for 1.50 will do the same thing

But he bought a wastegate fooler from II and NOT a wastegate.

ah, I missed that post. a wastegate fooler on a stock turbo gives an open wastegate all the time. it will run ok, just spool slow. also somebody mentioned a boost fooler. it's not the same thing as a wastegate fooler.

Back