Where do I get this compressor elbow ?

me2

I am looking for a compressor elbow like the one in these pictures for my 64mm HE451VE.

The turbo in the picture is an HE451... though I am not sure of the variant.

Does anyone know the part number or what engine it might come from ?

Thanks !

vgt4515.jpg

vgt4516.jpg

Just go to or call cummins and have them look up an n14. I can look it up Monday if nobody gets it for you by then.

Thanks for the tip !

I have access to Quickserve if you can give me a few more leads.

What turbo might it be on ? CPL ? Year ? Engine Serial Number ?

Thanks again !

Im not sure how many different cummins engines or applications used that elbow. I know some n14's had them though. Look at early 90's to around 2000 for an n14.

I'm pretty sure isx's used them quite a bit too though.

I'm pretty sure isx's used them quite a bit too though.

or a new isx, try cpl 3606

That makes sense. My HE451 is from an ISX.

Found one !

HE451%2520elbow%2520parts%2520diagram.jpg

I'm not sure that this is the same elbow that is shown in the picture, but its from an ISX with an HE451. What size are the intercooler pipes on these trucks ? 4" ?

This one is nice in that it has 2 ports if I ever want to measure boost upstream of the IC. And it looks like it has a lip for holding the boot better. I hope its not expensive !

BTW, its not easy to find parts via the CPL. I don't know what I was doing asking for it. I found this by CM2250, Automotive, ISX, 15L, then selected a newer one, in this case Sept, 2010.

Last edited:
That looks right. On a lot of isx's and n14's they are 4". Dodges are 3" and second gen intercoolers are 3 1/2"

You know you have a decent sized 'charger when it uses a 4 inch outlet.

I guess I need to spend some time looking for an elbow with a 3.5 inch outlet or find a 4" to 3.5" conversion boot.

Any ideas ?

I don't know Of any cummins elbows with a 3.5" outlet. You can pick 3" or 4".

Silicone intakes.com sells reducer boots.I wouldn't use their clamps though.

Last edited:
If you use a reducing boot make sure it is a braided boot, not straight silicone or it will not hold, trust me I have the dent in my hood to prove it.

you really need 4" when coming out of a 2" discharge? Just curious

I've got a bunch of 90* 3" elbows if anybody needs one

you really need 4" when coming out of a 2" discharge? Just curious
Cummins must think so. Its a stock HE451 elbow.

The cross section area of the charger is even smaller down by the compressor scroll.

Why would Cummins design an air system for 4" if it didn't need it ? I was thinking of TIGing a 4" inlet onto my Intercooler and make the whole system 4".

I've got a bunch of 90* 3" elbows if anybody needs one
A V clamp elbow that will fit an HE451 ? What charger are they from ?

looks like the same outlet as an H1C, HX35, HX40, etc. etc.

are you running 4" charge piping and intercooler inlet/outlet?

looks like the same outlet as an H1C, HX35, HX40, etc. etc.
Do any of them have a 3.5" elbow ?

are you running 4" charge piping and intercooler inlet/outlet?
Right now I have stock sizes, which is apparently 3.5". If Cummins thinks this turbo needs 4" plumbing, I might update to that.

The engine is going into an F350 and I have to fabricate the air plumbing anyway. If Cummins thinks it needs 4" plumbing, then I could just as easily fab up 4" plumbing as 3.5" plumbing.

Back