Where do these senders go?

riggz

Night Train
I'm about to take the plunge and get 4 ISSPRO Performax gauges. HPOP, Fuel PSI, Boost, and Pyro. I already have a spot for the pyro and I think the Fuel psi goes into the test port on the bottom of the fuel bowl. My question is do most of you tap into the intake elbow for the boost? Also where do you put the HPOP sender? Do you have to use one of those billet aluminum caps with a port in the top?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same gauges. Yes, you tap the intake manifold. HPOP gauge just plugs into the ICP sensor. Its real simple.

Youll love those gauges!

Sweet thanks. You have the same 4 or do you have more/different gauges? Best price I've found is DieselManor.com. Will be just over $600 for those 4 and the main control unit with the $100 rebate.

Its good when tuning with aftermarket turbos. I just went ahead and got one when I was buying. You want your EBP to Boost ratio to be as close to 1:1 as possible.

Ah cool. Well I can just add that in later when I get around to upgrading my turbo. You have any pics of your gauges?

Yep! Here ya go bud. This is with just 3 installed, but you get the idea. I now have 3 on the pillar and one on the steering column. I run Pyro, HPOP, Trans, and Fuel psi everyday since I have a boost gauge in the dash. Once I get another gauge (water temp most likely), the boost, EBP, and WT will go above the mirror.

Are you going to TS by chance?

Last edited:
Awesome. I was going to go with a 1600* pyro but after seeing the 2000* I think I'll go with that.

Unfortunately my g/f is returning from Germany the day of TS so I won't be able to go. I think the only thing I'll make it to this year will be the NADM / DPM down in Reynolds, GA in Sept.

I personally love gauges. I redid some but still have 10 and going with 2 more later

Pyro,boost,trans temp, fuel pressure,rail pressure(since I now have a cummins),air pressure for the hornblasters,volt meter, water temp,oil temp,oil pressure,

F-2.jpg

Sweet. Just placed the order. $843 w/ 60psi boost, 100psi fuel, HPOP, and 2000 non color coded pyro. Also got the quad a pilar pod and the overhead windshield mount for my MSD DashHawk. Oh and I got the $20 can of spray paint to paint them gray....

it was a scan guage at the time.....Im running a air pressure gauge there now for the horns

Ah cool. Yeah I'm going to add an air gauge down the road. I've got an 8.5gal tank so I'm not worried about running out of air hehe.

One thing you'll grow to appreciate is the ability to move gauges around. I just "finish wired" my EV² gauges in my diesel Jetta (had previously run wiring for temporary tests only), and it sucks to have to make a "dedicated" spot for a given gauge. I guess I've been spoiled by my Performax system in my truck!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Yeah that was another factor that helped my decision on Performax. I want to add some more down the road and I'll want to move a couple around so that won't be an issue.

Now I just gotta figure out how long DieselManor is going to take to get them to me! My card hasn't been charged yet and I haven't gotten any shipping notice. May have to call them tomorrow.

I personally love gauges. I redid some but still have 10 and going with 2 more later

Pyro,boost,trans temp, fuel pressure,rail pressure(since I now have a cummins),air pressure for the hornblasters,volt meter, water temp,oil temp,oil pressure,

F-2.jpg

Good lord..now that's some guages..

Along the same lines, anyone ever tried running the water temp sender in the extra port on the coolant filter? Rather than on the bottom of the block driver side?

Back