where to find rocker panel trim?

coal_roller

hey im trying to find some chrome rocker panel trim (i think thats what its called), anyone know where i could snag some? not the cheap auto zone crap. thanks guys.

good way to ruin a truck right there :(

Only an opinion Forrest: for my truck it looks a hell of a lot better then the glow of orange rust I would be seeing along the bottom of the doors had I not had the stainless rocker panels.
But again I also HATE the look of a nice clean truck with a big cattle pusher bumper or tall stacks, which is also just my opinion.

BEFORE: (5yrs ago)
random_pics_047.jpg

AFTER:(5yrs ago)
May_1_Truck_Pic_019.jpg

(CURRENT)
38025_388024797167_519732167_3907558_5153397_n.jpg

Lavon

yup, to each their own! :)

a bumper can be removed... when you do something that can't be removed like stainless rockers or a hole in the bed for stacks, you cut your potential market down about 60-75% if you ever need to sell the truck :(

I had my bedside repainted to fix wheel well rust and I could peel a corner loose, grab it with a vise-grip and with a lot of effort I pulled them off... could easily clean and wax the paint and never know they were there...

I guess silver is more forgiving then other colors too though.

Lavon

I had my bedside repainted to fix wheel well rust and I could peel a corner loose, grab it with a vise-grip and with a lot of effort I pulled them off... could easily clean and wax the paint and never know they were there...

I guess silver is more forgiving then other colors too though.

Lavon

yeah, I bought a red 98 with them on it... the adhesive stained the paint :(

I'll never buy another truck with them on it :eek:

Back