Where to get TDI parts?

DieselAddict1on

Recently picked up a 96 VW Passat that needs some work. It is apart and needs valves, pulley kit, timing belt, head gasket. Was going to do things like injector nozzles, glow plugs, water pump, etc while it is all apart. Anyone know of a decent source of parts for these older cars?

x2 idparts have done a lot of business with them. Connecticut you will recieve next day!

Thanks guys! Know anyone that makes an EGR delete kit for these? If not I will just fab something up myself.

In addition to the ones already mentioned Bora Parts Inc. has a lot of TDI parts... I'm not sure about the older cars, but they may have stuff for them as well...

I used kerma when I built mine. charle always did me right.

idparts and bora parts for sure. Rock auto sells a lot of weird name components I've never heard of.

I don't/won't support the third vendor mentioned.

Neither will I.

Aaron at BoraParts is who I get all my parts through. He also tuned my car a few weeks back in Columbus.

What are you TDI guys running for nozzles? Was looking into those Bosio 520's. Anyone have any feedback on them? Plans for the car are just a DD. Would like the car to have alittle get up and go. Well, alittle more then stock anyway..

I run the Bosio injectors in my 04 along with a VNT 17 and I have been very happy. We did the injectors, turbo and a new Malone tune all at the same time so between the three upgrades the car is a brand new beast. Unfortunately until I plan on putting some money aside for a clutch it's a lower tune then I would like, but it gets much better fuel mileage and still gets up and goes - all round great DD

Ashley Alstad

I seem to have this same nozzle discussion all the time over at tdiclub.

It is extremely rare that I will recommend anything less than PP764 nozzles. Especially if you're getting a tune. On a completely stock car, they might smoke, the IQ can be bumped(search hammer mod on tdiclub) to eliminate most of the smoke. On a tuned car its very easy to eliminate smoke. The main reason I recommend them is that they have way more headroom than PP and Sprint 520 nozzles. Sprint 520 nozzles are worthless IMO.

I seem to have this same nozzle discussion all the time over at tdiclub.

It is extremely rare that I will recommend anything less than PP764 nozzles. Especially if you're getting a tune. On a completely stock car, they might smoke, the IQ can be bumped(search hammer mod on tdiclub) to eliminate most of the smoke. On a tuned car its very easy to eliminate smoke. The main reason I recommend them is that they have way more headroom than PP and Sprint 520 nozzles. Sprint 520 nozzles are worthless IMO.

I will go with those PP764 and dial in the pump once they are in there. Anything else you suggest I do while I have the car appart? New to the TDI seen.

You will need VCDS to dial the fuel in, its not a 12 valve cummins.

Clean the intake, its one thing that unless its already done, it will need to get done. You can't suck much air through a 1/2" diameter hole.

EGR deletes are pretty common.

Idparts,bora parts, diesel geek as already mentioned are the best to get parts from. I recommend staying away from the other vendor, I have bought stuff from them before, horrible service. They also have (or at least did have) a class action lawsuit against them. I also like rockauto but only for certain items like brakes and ball joints.

It's also definitely worth getting VCDS from Ross-tech. Best money you will ever spend on your TDI

Last edited:
Back