Which Belt?

WAYNES WORLD

Guys,

I'm eliminating my fan by going to electric fans. Does anyone know which belt I should put on ?

Thank You,
WAYNES WORLD

Why not just take the blade off and leave the fan hub and pulley? I don't see how you could run a belt without a fan unless you're also running an electric water pump.

I don't think routing it like this will give it enough grip to drive the water pump. Maybe I'm wrong.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fanless.jpg
    Fanless.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
Which Belt

Why not just take the blade off and leave the fan hub and pulley? I don't see how you could run a belt without a fan unless you're also running an electric water pump.

I don't think routing it like this will give it enough grip to drive the water pump. Maybe I'm wrong.

attachment.php

I run 4 electric fans. So I can lose the pulley. I have been running the pulley without the blades because of the polished pulley.
Can you tell your belt number?

WAYNES WORLD

It will drive the water pump without the fan pulley. I've ran mine for a couple years without issues. But I'm not running an ac compressor so I'm no help on belt length.

Belt length can be closely figured out using string. What are you using for a tach? the stock crank sensor will interfere with this belt routing.

Which Belt

R1raptor,

I'll see what it looks like once I put the motor back in. I'm painting it right now. Thanks

clean,

I'll give it a go with the string method but I'm stock crank sensor. Once I get the motor in, I revisit this again.
Thanks,

WAYNES WORLD

Back