• 24v cummins

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • 6.0 powerstroke

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • 6.6 duramax

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

rhcdiesel

i want to buid a street race truck and not sure what engine to go with! which would be most cost efficient for times and cash, say 10 grand in mods for now

Last edited:
Hands down the 12V for cheap and easy power, not to mention it will LIVE at high power for a bit longer than the others.

Pure full race power today without doing R&D?

12v.

Best engine design to start with?

Duramax.

I chose the Duramax because it's capable of adjustable stupid power on the fly which is what I would want in a street race truck.

Now, had the 03+ Common Rail been an option I would have chosen it instead.

everyone knows I would pick a 6.0 but that's me. Not very hard to make power out of, and it also depends what type of power your wanting to make out of her.
robert

24v cummins with a p-pump

700+HP is easily attainable, and it wont need rods, crank, pistons etc to get there

6.0 would be my choice. even turned way up still will run and drive like stock unless you get on it. i drove a 500 hp 12v once, forget about any neighbors talking to you after a few mornings of starting it up, not even mentioning the transmission issues. duramax, isn't there a law forbiding hot roddin an isuzu, or even driving one!
:thankyou2:

Thanks Dukey after 20 years of working on dodges someone figured them out. too bad it had nothing to do with you. where's your dyno #'s anyway?

They're right here in my back pocket. What do you want me to do with them? Don't make me embarrass you, another Ferd poser with them lol

It's coming along slow but sure. How's the butter knife build going? If things go as planned maybe you'll get the first taste of Mighty Cummings in Vegas. You gonna be ready?

duke1n said:
It's coming along slow but sure. How's the butter knife build going? If things go as planned maybe you'll get the first taste of Mighty Cummings in Vegas. You gonna be ready?
What type of tase will this be, how quick are we talking.

Holysmoke said:
No stock tranny is going to hold up to 500 hp. Ford dodge or chevy

none will hold it forever but i have many customers over 520hp with stockers, i have one customer who got 30k+ miles at 490hp out of a stocker
robert
p.s. all 5r110's

my 12V is right at 500hp and idles just the same as when it was stock.

oh and I would have voted dual cp3 cr 24v cummins if it was available. bolt on a turbo and a tune and you are good to go

Back