Which fuel sump is best?

c_houchins8_182

Which fuel sump is best? Seen lots of designs out there. I want real life, no bull****, firsthand experiences from you. Not your cousins brother uncles son that had a sump that you heard leaked or worked good. Starting on my 08 Fummins with a commonrail swap in a few weeks and am leaning towards a sump instead of a drawstraw.

Beans or Diesel R/X, both use large o-rings. XDP redesigned theirs but I'm not sold in it. I believe Diesel R/X is a little less money

I have the beans sump and like it. Easy install without dropping the tank and high quality.

I found one on eBay for 80 bucks, without any weird styling, names, or anything. Just a small chunk of aluminum with two o rings. Has worked beautifully. I'd recommend it if I could find a name. Some small machine shop

I would highly reccomend the Beans sump. One hole, one bolt, one O ring, NO LEAKS!!! Best product I've bought in a long time.

Personally I'd rather multiple bolts, to account for the warping or uneven spots in the plastic, but maybe I worry too much.

Personally I'd rather multiple bolts, to account for the warping or uneven spots in the plastic, but maybe I worry too much.

I understand what you're thinking, but I can tell you the Beans sump uses a massive O ring that pretty much guarantees every install is going to be successful.

Go to beans website watch the toucher test on their sump I think you will be sold!

I recommend the Beans sump very easy installation and no leaks.

I also recommend the Beans sump, has been great on mine and not a hint of a leak.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Another vote for Beans one hole sump. No leaks. Over the years I have had a few different brand multi bolt sumps. Had issues with slight leaks or seeping. Beans one hole goes on easy and stays dry. Sounds like a deodorant advertisement. :hehe:

Thanks for the kind words fellas, if you have any questions feel free to PM or call me!

I bought a Beans Diesel sump about 4 years ago. Believe it was their first design to install without dropping the tank. Worked perfect, and I'm sure the new ones are even better!

I personally like the DRP sump better than the beans. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I have used several of both!

Freakin' hilarious...and convincing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GaBRX6SMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GaBRX6SMY[/ame]

The Beans sump also comes with the hole saw needed to do the install, so you don't have to hunt for the right size or go buy a new one to do the installation.:clap:

Back