Which injector??

Cummalong

I'm putting my motor back together and I ran lighting 4s before there to big for just a street truck should I spend the 1200 on lighting3s or is there another good stick around 200hp for a ppump 24v

I'm putting my motor back together and I ran lighting 4s before there to big for just a street truck should I spend the 1200 on lighting3s or is there another good stick around 200hp for a ppump 24v

Lightning 2s are more than enough but they still run dirty. I would try some 7 hole sac form cummins performance parts.

I'm also interested in a new set of injectors for my truck and im undecided what to get.

For comparison, F1 Mach 7's flow around 2.9LPM when tested by the Exergy method. They seem to make a bit more power than an exergy nozzle of the same size, but the Exergy nozzles can be made whatever size you want(up to a point).

my 6 hole injectors feel way stronger than the vco injectors i use to have. I was going to try the 7 hole sacs, but got these for a good price so i gave them a shot. Im racing friday, and dyno'ing sunday so we'll see how they do.

my 6 hole injectors feel way stronger than the vco injectors i use to have. I was going to try the 7 hole sacs, but got these for a good price so i gave them a shot. Im racing friday, and dyno'ing sunday so we'll see how they do.

What brand of injectors did you get? Im thinking on selling my 7x.12 vco's before i use them and get some 6 hole sac's but not sure if its worth my time and money

Mine were slightly used when i got them, bought from J&L i believe. I had 7x.014 vco inj. before these, I think i made a good choice.

6 hole sacs work great for power and egts, But if you daily drive they are very dirty injectors. A 6x012 is way more than most people need.

6 hole sacs work great for power and egts, But if you daily drive they are very dirty injectors. A 6x012 is way more than most people need.

My 160 pump hasnt been benched. Just full rack travel, 191s and the 4k springs. So far i still have the plate in it and it fuels pretty good. I agree 6x12s would have probably worked fine for me being its a dd still. BUT, I got a good deal and really they arent too dirty imo.

There is a new kid in town, so to speak!

The newest Mach 4, 5, 6 and 7 are almost ready. Well a few sets have shipped, but I cant get any more built for a few weeks anyway.

The pintles are DLC (carbon) coated for extreme wear resistance and very low coefficient of friction. This allows us to hand fit each pintle to the nozzle itself as show below. Typically the pintles are coming to us raw sized at .15748" and the nozzle bore is .157402" We hand hone and lap the pintle bore to a very tight tolerance. Tighter than a non DLC coated pintle can take without failure/seizing. This stops your high pressure fuel from leaking between the pintle bore and pintle and produces more HP, even with a lower fuel flow. This pintle moves faster than ANY on the market. Instead of needing radical lift values, we can inject the fuel faster by a faster lifting pintle. We also close faster. This retards dripping and low pressure fuel sprays toward the of the pressure curve.

The date code is present, the Data Matrix is present for our records and the lot number as well. The "M4" is also stamped on the stem to allow easy identification of the nozzle as a real F1 part. The M4 is stamped in before heat treatment and final grinding.

HTH

Attachments

• Mach4 015s.jpg
    Mach4 015s.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mach4 016s.jpg
    Mach4 016s.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mach4 027s.jpg
    Mach4 027s.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0
  • Mach4 004s.jpg
    Mach4 004s.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Mach4 022s.jpg
    Mach4 022s.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
Yes, 7 hole sac style nozzle. We started the sac nozzle craze in 2002 for the 24VP engines and were the first on the CR too.

This sac style is not as traditional as most. It has a larger internal volume to feed those big spray holes. The sphere is large enough to give us equal length of the spray holes when drilled staggered. Most sac styles will have a different spray hole length when drilled staggered. Staggered spray holes add strength. Crappy photo attached showing the staggered drilling idea.

Attachments

• Mach4 010s.jpg
    Mach4 010s.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Awww man, I just purchased another set of Machs and put my 6s in the classifieds, oh well ill sell my new set as soon as these go public:lolly:

The pintles are DLC (carbon) coated for extreme wear resistance and very low coefficient of friction. This allows us to hand fit each pintle to the nozzle itself as show below. Typically the pintles are coming to us raw sized at .15748" and the nozzle bore is .157402" We hand hone and lap the pintle bore to a very tight tolerance

Why would it be necessary to hand lap a precision ground part, especially after it is DLC coated?

Back