Which primary do I use, s476sxe or s476et-r ho?

milkman

IH red behind my ears
I have been on this site for a while but this is my first thread so bare with me. I am putting compounds on a 2k ppump 24v that has a new commercial p&p head, o-ringed, studded, Mahle ceramic coated race pistons, balanced rotating assembly, girdled, 150# springs, 7mm delivery valves, 4K springs, custom cam, T4 stainless manifold, and a few other insignificants. I already have on its way a new 62/68 sxe T4 gated .80 secondary but I am looking for some opinions on a primary. I was narrowed down to a s476sxe or a FI 476 et-r ho but I don't know much about their turbos. The truck will mainly tow but I would like to be able to play? So spool up is pretty important which is why I chose the 62sxe but not trying to give up any more up than I have to. I was contemplating s480's but don't want them to spool too slow.

What is your power goal? That's how you pick the primary. From as quick search a fmw76 does 115lb/min, sxe puts out 125. I have no idea what a etrho will do. From my memory I believe a cast s480 does 120lb/min, billet and sxe are of course higher.

I was looking for 800 or north of there. I am just trying to find the right balance between spool and hp and budget. S476sxe is around 120 just the same as the 480. Just don't want a smoky hot pig down low. I was told the 476et-r ho is around 130.

Last edited:
Back