Which size injector lines with a 13mm pump?i

Drothgeb

Almost Fast-N-Loud
I'm finally going to a 13mm pump for my street/strip build. It's a mild pump with the 215 cam, 4k springs, 024 DVs, 093 holders. I'll probably run it set to 650cc with 5x18 or 5x20s. Turbos will range from 63/80 to 66/91.

With mostly street use in mind, will I be OK with .084 lines, or should I go with .093s?

Don't run stock lines! .084's SHOULD be fine and would make more power on a dyno but probably the only place, .093's definitely would be good!

Jim

I'm running stock lines with mine. Northeast diesel pump with the stock cam, Kevin said they would be fine only delivery valve holders needed to be oversized. This is on a mid 6sec 8th mile truck with 366/480 twinns and have no idea if larger lines would help, never tried. Plate set at 550cc.

Too small lines, holders or single feed injector bodies can stick plungers if you let the fuel settings and RPMs get out of hand. 650cc and 4k springs should be fine. 19mm rack, too low gear, and 5k springs didnt turn out well for me one time.

Too small lines, holders or single feed injector bodies can stick plungers if you let the fuel settings and RPMs get out of hand.

I think you meant to say too small of a delivery valve can cause hydraulic loading, but the three items you listed, not so much.

I'm finally going to a 13mm pump for my street/strip build. It's a mild pump with the 215 cam, 4k springs, 024 DVs, 093 holders. I'll probably run it set to 650cc with 5x18 or 5x20s. Turbos will range from 63/80 to 66/91.

With mostly street use in mind, will I be OK with .084 lines, or should I go with .093s?

I haven't had issues with stock lines yet, :what:

I haven't had issues with stock lines yet, :what:

Hmmm.... And you've one of those fancy QR cams too.

I keep reading all this gloom and doom about wiping the cam on a street run 13mm pump. But from what I'm seeing here, it doesn't seem to be much of an issue, at least at my level?

13mm plungers are used in factory OTR applications without catastrophic failure at every turn.

13mm plungers are used in factory OTR applications without catastrophic failure at every turn.

Only one otr application I know, Iveco, rest are marines like Volvo Penta. Might be also Volvo 16 liter otr. But anyway, line size don't make much difference.

Edit. P7100 is much weaker than real P-pump.

Last edited:
certain cummins use 13's but never at 600+cc or 2000 pump rpm. Whats the real p-pump, the 8000 series, Leiffi?

certain cummins use 13's but never at 600+cc or 2000 pump rpm. Whats the real p-pump, the 8000 series, Leiffi?

Yes, I have never seen 7100 in heavy engines. They say 7100 housing is weaker and might flex and score pb's because bore doesn't stay round.

Time to put a girdle on them pumps boys.

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

I was always told they need those .093 holders made of magical "billet"

Back