Which Southbend? How much can they hold?

GREGROB

CUMMINGS KILLER
How much can these clutches hold?
I see the O is rated at350/750
OFE is 450/1000
FE is 550/1100

How much can they really hold though? This is going on a hard working, snow plowing etc 06 that will probably get a box in the future, but no crazy hp.
The truck has 35's on it.

He's also wondering if the stock flywheel in the G56 is dual mass?

Yes, the G56 has a dual mass flywheel, luckily Southbend has a cure for it as well :D

I have the OFE in the goat, after two years of constant abuse it's still holding strong. My "everyday" settings net about 350HP and just shy of 850TQ, max settings only give another 50HP and 100ftlbs. I have found the ratings to be a bit light, but I do tend to abuse clutches also and I know that has something to do with it LOL

The O I had originally was a great clutch, but wouldn't handle extra power and heavy abuse, the OFE is much grabbier but takes the abuse MUCH better.

Your bud won't go wrong with Southbend, customer service is outstanding.

The FE might be too grabby for a snowplow truck.. he is going to be HARD on that drivetrain with a grabby clutch. I know a lot of people that haul trailers with the FE will install the 2wd low kit to help them back up a trailer..

If function is more important then cost, what about a dual disk?

After a couple of burnouts and sundry other things to make you smell the clutch, they get a lot less grabby LOL LOL LOL Still a cast iron mofo when backing a heavy trailer though :bang

I have a 13" Con FE & flywheel with < 5000 miles, all granny gear starts, I'll sell for $500

Back