Which tire to prefer??

p7100

Swedish
Which of these 2 is to prefer on a truck that see mostly roads and little offrad?
Toyo open country mud terrain or Nitto mud grappler?

mikael

Always had good luck with the Toyo M/T. Good mileage, not too noisy on the road. Don't have much experience with the Nitto.

You will double the milage of the nitto with the toyo..I loved my toyos enough to buy another set ans ive ran alot of tires

check out the nitto trail grappler m/t's
they are sweet! my girlfriend just got them on her truck and they are probably one of the best looking sets of tires that I have seen

Cant beat the looks of the Toyo, and they wear good. Mudd grapplers are a really ugly looking tire in my opinion. The Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's mentioned in the above post dont look as good as Toyo's but I have heard that they have a really hard rubber compound used in them so you get lots of life out of them, whether thats true or not I dont think anyone's had them long enough to determine that yet.

Ok thanks for all answers so far, i think gonna go with toyo but thanks

mud grapplers are pretty noisy on the road, but awesome off road? if you do alot of road driving i would go with toyo mt

I don't like the Toyo's at all.. But the Nitto mud grapplers are terrible tires, I'd compare those with a Swamper before anything else. I agree with trying the trail grapplers.

I run brdgestone revo at great tire for all around have them on all my trucks and have no problems and they work good at the track to on my 05

I would go with the toyos. When rotated on a regular basis you can get alot of miles out of them.

Never had a set of toyos but ive had nitto mud grapplers and now have the nitto trail grapplers. The trail grapplers are by far one of the best tires have had.

i have a friend tht is running the Nito muds and they wore out after only like 20k. Nice tires while they lasted but the life was terrible.

Toyo's or Cooper Discoverer STT. I have the Coopers now, my tire buddy says they come out of the same factory.

i have had 3 sets of the mud grapplers and will never buy toyos. the nittos are stronger and better off road. i got 30k out of my last set with 75% of th driving being off road and still had tread left (just wanted a new set before winter) i am on my second set on this truck and its lookin like i will probably get another 30 possibly 40. 2 guys i work with were drivin the same roads as me everday one was a 6.4 like mine another was a dirtymax. both ran the toyos and only got 20k and one guy punctured one. both of them now have mud grapplers.

Yes they are noisy but just crank the tunes and you will be fine, and yes they ride a little rougher but i drive a truck not a caddilac so not concerned with the ride that much hope this helps

I am considering a narrower tire, something like the Toyo.
The constant hum of those like the grapplers drive me crazy.

15K on Nitto Terra Grabber- wearing great- rotate every 5K. Look great- ride as good if not better than my old A/T. Check them out. I am a happy camper.

Back