which turbo?

nborga87

Poor Boy Puller
i ve got a first gen cummins im gettin ready to start pullin with. it has prince of darkness injectors, 3200k governor springs, a performance fuel pin, the fuel screw turned up. i think it needs more turbo on it what would be a good turbo to use with this set up? im not worried bout streetability cause i will not be drivin this on the street i will just be pulling it

A 62/71/14 S300 seems to be the best turbo for a performance oriented 1st Gen. It spools fast enough to be in the VE's power band, and flows enough air for around 500rwhp.

I will suggest you ditch the POD's and get a set of 6X.016's.

i ve got a p pump im goin to be puttin on it so im just gonna wait to get injectors when i put that on. i want to try the 2.6 class

that ve pump is fairly new, how much do you think i could get out of that and the pod injectors? is anyone looking for one? it be nice to sell it then i could pull it off and get the p pump on before next season

Is it a five speed or an automatic? If it's a five speed the get rag (sorry for spellin) transmissions have a problem about cracking, but on to the issue at hand. If I was goin to. Be in a 2.6 class and had a p pump I would run a 66/71/14 but that's just me. Do you have to change the head to a 94 an up to p pump that motor?

how much you give me for the pods?

no you dont have to change the head but you do have to change the front cover of the engine for the p pump to work

yeah its a getrag 5-speed and it has a south bend clutch. i guess ill just have to go with it til it blows then ill have a good excuse for a 6-speed

not sure if you would be interested but im selling my silver bullet for 1300 bucks and need it gone now! let me know if your interested!

would that silver bullet be a little big for what im running? how much did you pay for it new, like $2200?

would that silver bullet be a little big for what im running? how much did you pay for it new, like $2200?

With some big injectors and the pump turned up all the way the Silver Bullet should be ok for pulling

yea the turbo runs for 2200 new. mine is in great shape but a couple threads cracked off of the oil feed flange. no worries though, i had it checked and it is mechanically perfect, minus the 3 threads its missing. but it will not leak oil or fracture! i am a honest guy and if i felt that this turbo had any issues then #1 i would never have run it on my truck and #2 i wouldnt be trying to sell it, but instead get new mid section for it but it is not needed! i believe in karma so trust me on it. the only reason i am pushing to get it sold is that i already sold my truck and need money really bad. let me know if you wonna do a deal?!?

how is the silver bullet way to big? if its on a pulling truck and hes putting a p7100 on it, why wouldnt it be a good idea??? if your pulling in a 2.6 class then you will be wanting more fuel then you are running now anyways.

Back