Whitey made the 12s yesterday, Yes!

LaserBob

I took my 06 MegaCab to Julesburg Drag Strip on Saturday. The oldest racetrack in the country, according to them.

It was mostly a test-n-tune day for me. I made 6 passes beginning at a mid 13 second run and then it got with it.
run 1: 13.579 111.42
run 2: 12.928 111.17
run 3: 12.860 110.47
run 4: 12.938 109.78
run 5: 12.833 109.44
run 6: 21.188 48.20 oops......

Nothing serious broke on run 6. I messed with the TTVA motor to see if I could do something with it and it went into limp mode right off the line. I just put it back and cleared the code.

I got all done, took off the DOT drag tires and put my street ones back on and hooked up to the trailer and brought the thing home. Towing a goose neck with my 95 on for a tow truck if I broke Whitey and I got 11.2 mpg for the day.

I am HAPPY!
IMG_1762_zps5f7f0ee6.jpg

Tuning with EFI Live by Zach at Starlite Diesel, trans built by me with parts and coaching by Dave Goerend, twins by Nathan at MPI, injectors by Don M, a couple of fuel pumps and a few more things in there.

It is my daily driver and I love it.

Last edited:
What tires do you race it on? Size? That's very impressive for a mega cab 2wd. Nice job bud :clap:

What tires do you race it on? Size? That's very impressive for a mega cab 2wd. Nice job bud :clap:

Currently 275/50R17 M&H Racemaster DOT Drag Radials. I am looking for some more ans stay with a 17' wheel. It is not easy.

Thank you!

Good runs! How much experience with transmissions did you have prior to the build?

I have been building them with the coaching of smarter guys than I am for about 10 years. It is a side line for me to do this and make some $ so I can play.

It is fun to make them work. I don't even try to compete with the full time guys. I just like them to work. I do other performance mods on the Cummins trucks, also.

I did everything on mine as far as the build. I just happen too know the good guys to get parts from (in my opinion).

Currently 275/50R17 M&H Racemaster DOT Drag Radials. I am looking for some more ans stay with a 17' wheel. It is not easy.

Thank you!

I'm looking for a DOT drag tire for my truck also and they are hard to find. The ones you are using are 28 inches tall, how are your RPMs at the finish line and what gear are you running? I'm running the same trap speed as you so I'd be similar RPM.

I'm limited to a 17 inch wheel so the choices are few and far between. I found a 390/45 17 from M&H but that's huge and almost $400 a piece.

Back