Who hooks with a stock hitch?

that dodge hitch shoulda been gone long time ago!! call garrett and get a hitch!

Brandon getblown posted some great pics on what to do. I have been running that set up for 3 years and it has been bullet proof.

geeze brandon....why dont you invest in a hitch come on now....but you better watch out someone will accuse you of cheating some how!!!!HAHAHAHA.....anyway yea i used one for the longest time and finally mine bent and eventually broke so we welded her back for a couple pulls. then i got a tow beast!

geeze brandon....why dont you invest in a hitch come on now....but you better watch out someone will accuse you of cheating some how!!!!HAHAHAHA.....anyway yea i used one for the longest time and finally mine bent and eventually broke so we welded her back for a couple pulls. then i got a tow beast!

The bunny hoppin at Urbana did her in RIP, I still mustered 5th ha ha ha.
Brandon

Brandon a buddie used 4x4 square tube in between the frame rails and made our own hitch out of sqaure tube, it works really well but he also has a rollpan, just food for thought?

Anybody figured out if running the tube between the rails is legal?

did the same thing to mine down at TS in April moved my hitch point back about 5inches haha now im upgraded to a Reese Tow Beast:rockwoot:

I called schieds today and asked him he said it was ok as long as the hook point isnt redilculous and close to a stock hook point.

Brandon getblown posted some great pics on what to do. I have been running that set up for 3 years and it has been bullet proof.
i just did the same setup with mine as both them have and i have bent receiver and broke one but not the hitch

Several members over on DP have found their tow beast has bent (not broken) and have had to fix/reinforce them. Most say it's a pretty quick/cheap fix but well worth it in the long run (kinda like the KDP on the Dodge). I haven't heard of any that broke, but has seen several pictures of ones that were tweaked.

I started building my own. Piece of 4" tubing across in between the frame rails. Much stronger, have yet to bend one. I know if you put enough stress on it it will bend but pulling won't do it. Let me know if you need some more help with it.

all i ask is if you build one yourself make it SAFE....i had 3 fail last year when i was flagging.......2 trucks almost got me......

Here are couple pictures, they are kind of hard to see, ill try to get some better ones in the light.

Wes

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 48
Back