Who is using an AMS1000 with twins on the street?

Extended Power

Looking for feedback on the controller...is it worth it?
Can it be used on a daily driver?
I've read that it controls the boost...I'm looking to control the drive pressure...very interested in it, but don't wanna piss more money up a wall, or into the wind. (Crazy talk, I know...LOL)

Looking for feedback on the controller...is it worth it?
Can it be used on a daily driver?
I've read that it controls the boost...I'm looking to control the drive pressure...very interested in it, but don't wanna piss more money up a wall, or into the wind. (Crazy talk, I know...LOL)

Iirc Rob at Dirty Diesels (think that was the name of the shop) was using one in his 2wd 6.4 Ford DD.

It control's pressure, it doesn't know if it is boost or drive. In fact most use C02 with the AMS to control the gates.

so my AMS1000 control is set up as follows
first of all ams 1000 is an electronic boost devide that uses 4-20ma signals to actuators that allow more or less pressure to be supplied to gates.
The AMS 1000 is dual stage . ams500 is single stage
so on my 1st stage or wastegate I have the controller set to 15PSI and I think the spring in the gate is 10psi so we apply the 15PSI to the top of the gate which means there is 25PSI (close to that) applied to the top of the diaphram. When drive pressure hits 25PSI (close to that) it will force the gate open allowing exhaust gas to go directly into the larger turbo. The second stage is set to 65PSI and the spring in there is the same. so if drive pressure ever hits 80PSI it will force the gate to open. boost signal is pulled off line to intercooler. gates are 44MVR I think
turbos are GT35R and GT4202R and I run a lot of juice. 1076RWHP last time on dyno. My main goal is to fight drive pressure as well. I street drive the truck but its not a daily driver as it is a 2WD. so far its been in there for 2 years and no issues.

so my AMS1000 control is set up as follows
first of all ams 1000 is an electronic boost devide that uses 4-20ma signals to actuators that allow more or less pressure to be supplied to gates.
The AMS 1000 is dual stage . ams500 is single stage
so on my 1st stage or wastegate I have the controller set to 15PSI and I think the spring in the gate is 10psi so we apply the 15PSI to the top of the gate which means there is 25PSI (close to that) applied to the top of the diaphram. When drive pressure hits 25PSI (close to that) it will force the gate open allowing exhaust gas to go directly into the larger turbo. The second stage is set to 65PSI and the spring in there is the same. so if drive pressure ever hits 80PSI it will force the gate to open. boost signal is pulled off line to intercooler. gates are 44MVR I think
turbos are GT35R and GT4202R and I run a lot of juice. 1076RWHP last time on dyno. My main goal is to fight drive pressure as well. I street drive the truck but its not a daily driver as it is a 2WD. so far its been in there for 2 years and no issues.

I was told by AMS that I needed to run the new AMS2000 on my compounds.
This is why I'm asking...
Big difference between the AMS1000, and the 2000.

Which sensors are you using?
Are you using N2 or air, or boost to run the solenoids?

Made a mounting bracket for the boost controller.
Gonna use an old Edge with Attitude adjustable arm with it.

Needs a bit more work, but not bad for using a 5 1/2" Zip disk , hand files, tap, Scotchbrite, Mothers Billet metal polish, and a $50.00 drill press.

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg1-1.jpg

Back