Who makes the best chromoly heims?

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Gonna rebuild the 4 link on the little truck....looking for the best, longest lasting 3/4 x 16 heim joints I can get. What do y'all like?

I would think a greasable spherical bearing or bushing from one of those 4x4 shops would be a better upgrade than a decent quality heim, while taking more load.

Agreed, regular heim joints with Teflon and greasable won't last long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I need something with a lot of misalignment though. I'm gonna use the stock frame mounts and lower axle mount. The upper bar at the axle will be moved to the lower mount and a new lower mount will be welded in for the bottom bar. The upper bar will be 12-15* out of whack just by looking at it. How much misalignment can you get from those Johnny Joint type ends?

I looked at the EMF ends earlier....they better last forever for ~75 bucks each. That's 750 bucks just in rod ends when you add the panhard bar....that's nuts.

Curry makes jonny joints, ballistic makes a joint, umi makes a type as well..
They will go to 28 or 30 degrees, rebuildable delrin and greasable, some you can get weld in without the threaded shank on it as well..

Check out ruff stuff in California, nice quality joints and affordable. They give a 10% forum discount also.

When I was shopping around, Currie joints from summit racing were the cheapest I found, and i've been running them on my traction bars for two years now with no issues whatsoever. They've only seen probably 6k miles, but they have seen quite a bit of abuse.

I thought this thread was about "Who makes the best chromoly heims?", not "Who makes the cheapest chromoly heims?"

Back