Who wants cheater slicks?

FirstOnRaceDay

Boss Man
I was talking to a guy from a very reputable drag tire manufacturer about some cheater slicks for my truck but the largest wheel size is a 16" and I need a t least a 17" to clear the brakes on my truck. He asked me to post on some diesel sites to see how much interest there was in a 17" cheater slick lets say 14 x 30 x 17. If you think you might be interested in these tires please let us know. Please don't post if you are not serious. It would take about a year to a year and a half before they would be available.

He said that they need about 50 or so people interested to consider making the tires. These will be aimed directly at the diesel enthusiast. If you might be interested let them know and show some interest.:pop:

FirstOnRaceDay said:
He said that they need about 50 or so people interested to consider making the tires. These will be aimed directly at the diesel enthusiast. If you might be interested let them know and show some interest.:pop:
I'm all about it. I would rather go with 18's but i would still go with 17's.:tree:

16 fit my truck just fine.......... most common at 32x12r16 maybe a version of that for the 17

You sure you cant clear a 16 on the back? Mine that I have now are 33x15.5x16. When you say cheater slick you are talking DOT slick correct?

I'm Game

Yeah I spoke to Michael at M and H tires about the same thing!

I'm in. I'm having the same problem as you...no traction!

What I am doing in the meantime is using their 390/40/17 drag radial.

im all about it, but a year away is too far. other companies will get on the ball and have it done sooner than that i suspect. we needed these yesterday:poke:

DIESEL POWER said:
im all about it, but a year away is too far. other companies will get on the ball and have it done sooner than that i suspect. we needed these yesterday:poke:

:hehe:

Who is going to buy these for you Wade? Or are you going to ask to have a collection started?LOL :blahblah1: :hehe:

Dockboy said:
:hehe:

Who is going to buy these for you Wade? Or are you going to ask to have a collection started?LOL :blahblah1: :hehe:

Ha Ha :eek:wned:

Twisted Shifter said:
You sure you cant clear a 16 on the back? Mine that I have now are 33x15.5x16. When you say cheater slick you are talking DOT slick correct?
the newer dodges and fords come with 17's from the factory for a reason...16's won't fit over the calipers without considerable grinding. Not really all that great of an idea if you ask me. you'd think it would weaken the caliper strength...good thing to have when trying to stop 7k+lbs.:kick:

Both M&H and Micky Thompson have great Drag radials in 17 , 1.60 60' and not even a chirp . If you go to a Fabracated Rear end from Charlie Stewart , you can use the 15 slicks. I recoment a radial

What are the RPM's like with these short (28" & under) tires? I'd really like to find something around 31" tall.

Old thread....but I've been eyeballing thses since they released them...but DAMN are they pricey.
http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=70&rn=379&action=show_detail

600 for 2 tires plus more new wheels.....it's a lot of money just to prove something at the track.

I would love to have a set but like you said, a little pricey. Especially if you have a four wheel drive. So yes I would be interested if they were more affordable. Probably just go with some good street tires.

Back