Who's the best auto puller?

Rottin Rhonda

Entrepreneur
I don't follow these forums much since I have a "Pavement Princess," but was curious as to who the best automatic puller is? I guess I'd especially be interested in a drug-free ride, and what makes it great. Thanks! :)

Terry Coppess IMO. Not sure enough to say what he is running.

DIGGER said:
Terry Coppess IMO. Not sure enough to say what he is running.

Concurred.
S400 charger + Haisley Built Automatic. I hear he leaves the line at 3000RPM. Great pulling truck, real nice guy.

That is also my pick, digger . All thow Scott Amos is also right there I beleive.

Yeah George is up there too....almost forgot:ylsuper:

ryan up and M tomac r tough to Ryan and george battles are awsome around ky

IMO
George Peterson for sure as the pioneer of auto pulling.

Terry Coppess and Scott Amos have the best running auto's for a long time now.

I'd say give Goerge a little more time and let him build him a motor like Coppess & Amos and things will turn quickly:rockwoot: . He's had the same poor tractor motor for a looooong time now, definatley a pioneer for the autos in the sport.

Madgoat said:
I'd say give Goerge a little more time and let him build him a motor like Coppess & Amos and things will turn quickly:rockwoot: . He's had the same poor tractor motor for a looooong time now, definatley a pioneer for the autos in the sport.

Coppess claims (and I believe him) that he runs a 180 pump that was tuned years ago, a 5k RPM kit, and a stock head gasket. Other than that the motor is pretty much stock he says.

He has been running that truck for a long time, but it really strong for "just" the changes mentioned. He doesn't have an engine like Miller/Painter, but it's surely had a few other things done as well?

If not, that's one awsome running stock motor with a big charger.:ylsuper:

Coppess, Amos, Kyle Micheals need on this list for sure.

You are forgetting someone... Dustin Meyers. He came outta nowhere with a black third gen in super street and took second in Indy with a lot of high dollar SS pullers. Currently second in points, DHRA SS. No shop backing. Daily driven. HTS built automatic.

I saw this truck tow Rick and Kyle Smiths street class D-Maxes on a Goose leaving a pull one night. LOL (16k lbs in trucks alone!) It may get towed to some pulls, but it aint no trailer queen. :Cheer:

He aint got the history as some of these other names, but he's got his auto tranny pulling figured out pretty good, IMO.

I think you guys are forgeting about Tony Burkhard. He has been beating Tomac up here in Michigan.

Auto's usually have the advantage over sticks.
Thats if the auto is setup correctly for pulling.
Rhonda to really get the most out of your truck you will probably need to get a special "pulling" converter.

Back