Will a SPS62 keep DDP 90's in check 4 towing?

231jasons

not really here
Ive got a set of DDP 90's ready to go in my truck but Im a little bit worried about towing with them and my SPS 62. I tow a 10K 5th wheel w/ 48re.

I know i cant crank the edge up with the 90's but i should be safe on L2 or L3, right?

Ive got a looser converter so Im hoping it will be fine.

Ive seen others gain 65-70 RWHP w the 90's, is that accurate assuming my CP3 will hold the pressure.
:thankyou2: in advance!!!

ditch the edge and swap to Smarty TNT. Ive ridden in a truck with this combo, the exact combo your looking at, 90hp nozzles, 62, studs, plus a II bag of parts and full race build HTS tranny. That thing flat out hauled!

I run a HTT62/71/14 with DDP90's and a Smarty TNT POD. I have never had a problem. I can get the EGT's up around 1300 but they will go no further. The more fuel you throw at that turbo the happier it is. Within reason.

I ran a Pro52, 90hp stiks, stage3 cp3 and a tst. egts are around 1350 and dynoed in the 570-574 range on two different dynos, a total of six pulls within a 5hp range.

I ran a Pro52, 90hp stiks, stage3 cp3 and a tst. egts are around 1350 and dynoed in the 570-574 range on two different dynos, a total of six pulls within a 5hp range.

I'd say something is wrong, or your way over turboed.

Well I made 541 w the OEM Fuel (AD150) so im hoping to get to 600 w the sticks.

I know the Hot juice runs hotter, but it makes good power and its paid for. The driveabilty is very nice and i have the A2 w/ navi and back up camera.

I think 90's is all you should do with an edge box. and listen carefully on the higher settings for timing knock, the edge boxes are for stock truck, they are not aware of bigger injectors like the Smarty or other down loaders where they pull back the timing a little to compensate for bigger injectors.

I ran a PS62 with DDP 90's in my 05 4x4 crew cab dually with a camper shell.. With the crazy larry, it ran 13.04 at 103 mph in the quarter, 8.2 at 82 in the eighth.. I pulled with it on a normal basis.. It had a stock fuel system other than the injectors and no studs.. Just a simple, nice working setup..

I ran a PS62 with DDP 90's in my 05 4x4 crew cab dually with a camper shell.. With the crazy larry, it ran 13.04 at 103 mph in the quarter, 8.2 at 82 in the eighth.. I pulled with it on a normal basis.. It had a stock fuel system other than the injectors and no studs.. Just a simple, nice working setup..

Thats nice to hear.

my PS62 dynoed 612hp with 50hp sticks. dropped in the 150 and it spools faster then the stocker did. :) a little to fast.

My brother has 90's, 62/71/13ss, Smarty. He tows on sw1 & egts are fine towing 16k#. With Smarty sw5, he can bury the pyro though. He has a heavy foot & a simple head, foot never comes out of the throttle.

Back