Will an airdog help me??

chad256

Lurkin
Finally got my fuel pressure gauge installed last night. I thought for sure that it was going to pretty low at wot but its not. I am running the stock lift pump with the preheater and that stuff deleted, fed by a knock off 140 pusher pump on a switch. with just the stock lp the fuel pressure is about 50psi at idle, 45psi cruising, and will get sucked down to 25 and a little over 20 on a long WOT run. with the pusher pump on it idles about 60-65 psi and will never go below 30-35 psi WOT. My fueling mods are 024 DV's, racked barrels, rack plug, AFC modded, pen spring in OFV, and 5x.18's. The last run down the track (with AFC slid back) calculates to about 630hp. So my real question is that adequate fuel pressure? Is it flowing enough fuel? And if I buy an AD 200 do you think I will even see an increase in power?

I ain't no 12V guy....but I'd say you have the pressure covered. Maybe it would be beneficial to increase the flow with larger lines which might drop the pressure a tad. Just an idea. Are you running stock fuel lines or larger?

I ain't no 12V guy....but I'd say you have the pressure covered. Maybe it would be beneficial to increase the flow with larger lines which might drop the pressure a tad. Just an idea. Are you running stock fuel lines or larger?

You just said something helpful on the forum man ! I commend you. Please get back to the nonsense please, it's way more fun. :Cheer:

You just said something helpful on the forum man ! I commend you. Please get back to the nonsense please, it's way more fun. :Cheer:

Com,mon now. At least 100 of my almost 20K are helpful. :hehe:

I take it you agree. I know they like more pressure (or can at least handle more pressure) than the VP pumps, but not sure what is too high. 60-65 psi seems freakin' high. Flow. That is the key. :D

Com,mon now. At least 100 of my almost 20K are helpful. :hehe:

I take it you agree. I know they like more pressure (or can at least handle more pressure) than the VP pumps, but not sure what is too high. 60-65 psi seems freakin' high. Flow. That is the key. :D

You're alright. I have seen you being helpful in the past. Plus you have that cool thread with your ECM interface device. One of it's kind.

Yep I agree, and I also agree that60-65 sounds high to me. The Ppump has to be hating life.
I was going to answer the OP with about the same thing you said. Same pressure, more volume, that sounds like it would be a positive move.

Back