Will my fluid damper work?

ChrisNickerson

SingleCab 24V
Before i start i did search this and did not find anyone else asking. I am in the processes of turning my 99 24v into a 12v. Have just about everything sitting in front of me for the swap. Last thing i wanted to get was a fluid damper. The only question i have is will it work because i have to run a tone ring (from destroked) for my tach single. Only reason i ask is because the tone ring has to ride on the harmonic balancer. Thank you in advance for any responses. I personally believe it will work, but i figured i would ask.

Thanks,
Chris

I have not yet called. Didn't think they where open on weekends. I will do that though. Thanks

I am doing a 12v into an 05 ford swap right now and got the tach set up from fordcummins.com (i think it is the same as the destroked one). I found that the fluid dampner is much thinker and the spacer on the tone wheel is not long enough, so i made a spacer to move the tone wheel out then had to fab a bracket for the pick up. Just be careful not to make too thick of a spacer it gets mighty close to the fan.

Back