Will this work?

dslhtrdr

Always learning...
Installing my twins last year required me to remove the stock heat exchager mounted on the pass. side of the block on my 12v.

I was removing the tranny line that has the temperature sensor threaded into it to make a clean cut to bypass the heat exchanger and I accidently kinked the line enough to the point that it definitely was not useable. I bought a new line, flared it and bent it to where I could run the high pressure hose to the other end of the line that I cut so I could get my truck back on the road.

So now when it is cold enough outside, my 47rh won't shift into OD because the temperature sensor thinks the fluid is too cold, but it's not, because the sensor is zip tied up out of the way under the truck. If I unplug it, it still won't shift into OD and the trans temp light comes on.

So my question is, since the sensor only has two wires, can I just cut them and solder them together to take care of the cold weather no OD problem? Or would this be an electrical no no?

I put a resistor in mine. I will have to do some checking and figure out what ohm resistor you need and maybe someone else will chime in.

I'm no electrical wizard by any means. It was hard enough for me to wire up the gauges in my triple pod :doh:

It was recommended to me by a friend to do this, but he is no genius either.

A 1k ohm would work. I used that for a while on my truck till I bought a new sensor as mine was bad.

I was thinking that if I didn't want to go through finding the correct way to eliminate the sensor, I was going to buy another line, flare and bend it, then take the portion of the line that I ruined, cut off the "bung" and weld it onto the new line once I ground out a small area that's just big enough for atf to get in there and touch the sensor.

I think that's what I will try first. If that fails, I'll go with what you guys have recommended. Of course it will take awhile to know if it doesn't work, since our cold california winter weather's still about 4 months away...

Back