Winter rebuild

how would different length lines affect timing? arnt the lines always full of fuel? anyone care to explain haha

The lines are always full of fuel.

I assumed as you that it shouldn't make a difference as fluids don't compress, but after doing some research, found the following:

Head loss is a measure of the reduction in the total head (sum of elevation head, velocity head and pressure head) of the fluid as it moves through a fluid system. This is unavoidable in real fluids.

The head loss for fluid flow is directly proportional to the length of the pipe, as flow rate increases the pressure will drop.

Taken from:
Lesson 7: Head Loss

In general the flow of liquid along a pipe can be determined by the use of The Bernoulli Equation and the Continuity Equation. The former represents the conservation of energy, which in Newtonian fluids is either potential or kinetic energy, and the latter ensures that what goes into one end of a pipe must comes out at the other end. However as the flow moves down the pipe, losses due to friction between the moving liquid and the walls of pipe cause the pressure within the pipe to reduce with distance - this is known as head loss.

Note: Only Incompressible liquids are being considered

Taken from:
Pipe Head Loss - Head Loss - Pipes - Fluid Mechanics - Engineering Reference with Worked Examples

From what I can gather, timing and volume would be both thrown off with unequal length lines (a double whammy).

Ah, I see said the blind man. If you can't already tell I know enough about Diesels to be dangerous. I shall do some research.

Did you run braces from the add plate on the back of the motor or what did u do to support the motor

In post 19 in the first picture you can see the rear engine mount. It bolts in place of the trans adapter and bolts to the frame.

Finally got the hand and shifter levers milled out and most of the engine is done

img20130407171716439.jpg

img20130406113956646.jpg

img20130406114104493.jpg

where did you get those billet coolent parts on the block or did you have them made and are you running thermostat?

Nice looking Eric! Thanks for the sponsorship fourm. I've got some replies to help fund the engine.

Little trick about hand throttles very few sled pullers know and understand close your eyes lift your arms straight out in front of you.... If you can solve the riddle then you have earned it

Little trick about hand throttles very few sled pullers know and understand close your eyes lift your arms straight out in front of you.... If you can solve the riddle then you have earned it

Uhh what?:poke:

Mind blown.:doh:

saw this truck at fryeburg the past few years and its a work of art! awesome job!

Back