Wiring Demons?!

gulfcoastkustom

Once again, I have run into several issues with my truck. It is a 2000 QCSB 6 spd with a P pump swap. I have not owned the truck long and it had several little issues with it when I bought it that I have been taking care of one at a time (some have turned into BIG issues). I now have park lights on all the time (front and rear) that is causing my batteries to die. :soap: I also noticed that my power locks, power mirrors, overhead display, heated seats (power seats work just not the heat), and power windows stopped working. As far as the park lights go, i can pull the fuse and the relay and the lights stay on! The lights also stay on when I completely remove the headlight switch. I read some articles talking about the FCM (not even sure my truck has one) and corrosion on the circuit board can cause the park lamps to stay on but I think my problem is beyond that. A little back story on the truck is that it has a Salvage title due to being flooded previously. I know that most of you are thinking "there's your problem right there!" but the flooding was quite a while ago and these symptoms recently came about. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or input, you guys have been a wealth of knowledge so far for other questions I have had.

Back