Won't shift into OD at wot over 3000rpms??

talonkid119

Not Enough
Im still trying to work all my little bugs out of the truck. The truck has been shifting good besides when i shift from 3rd into overdrive over 3k, anything under thoes rpms with it will shift fine. I would like to be able to run it out to 3700-4000 before i shift into overdrive. So i know it isnt the switch it seems to be working fine. Could i have a ground problem somewhere and im not getting enough voltage? has anyone else ran into a problem like this before?

thanks,
Mike

have you checked the TPS for a dead spot up towards WOT, and your TV cable to be sure its not too tight?

have you checked the TPS for a dead spot up towards WOT, and your TV cable to be sure its not too tight?

I forgot to mention i have a pot, it was also doing the same thing when i had the tps hooked up too. I will double check the cable to make sure its not too tight, i adjusted it with the pedal at wot and bent the bracket back a little so there is no play and im getting full tv pressure.

thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Are you sure you want to run the motor out to 3700 RPM?

When I'm at the drag strip, I noticed that my MPH drop if I let it run past 2800 rpm on the gear shifts.

Now I know every truck is different but mine seems to fall off around there.

With your 472 turbo, I'm sure a few more rpm wouldn't hurt but 3700 sounds really high. What kind of governor springs are you running?

Are you sure you want to run the motor out to 3700 RPM?

When I'm at the drag strip, I noticed that my MPH drop if I let it run past 2800 rpm on the gear shifts.

Now I know every truck is different but mine seems to fall off around there.

With your 472 turbo, I'm sure a few more rpm wouldn't hurt but 3700 sounds really high. What kind of governor springs are you running?

Well i wanted to turn a little more out of the engine so i could have more mph in each gear. With my loose converter and the turbo not wanting to light fast enough i usually dont get it spooled till about 2600rpms and thats around 52psi or so. It seems to keep pulling past 3500. I still probably have to do somemore fine tuning with the afc.

I have the 4k gov springs in this 160pump and .022s, 25*.

thanks,
Mike

Back