Work Stock build

cmont58

Yankee
We are in the very early stages of putting together a work stock puller for next season so I figured I would post a build thread to get y'alls opinions on what we have and what we should get.
Truck: 2002 Dodge 3500 eclb dually
Trans: NV5600 with 3850 sintered iron dual disc
Fuel: 180 P Pump swap, 5k gsk, scheid full cuts, holders, DDP24V 150hp injectors
Air: S366 with Hx35 compressor housing, plugs 2.5
Gearing: 4:10 with spool in rear
Misc: Traction Bars, Bump stops, Leaf spring clamps, front limiting straps?

Ok CompD what am I missing?

Truck already has an ADII and arp425 head studs.

Ive ran 12mm studs for 2 years now with out failure. Last year head was oringed this year it was fire ringed.

Need bigger injectors bigger crossover tubes and get rid of the stock apearing turbo for an S400. No need for spring clamps just traction bars and bump stops.

Should we use bigger lines? Crossover tubes? What DV holders?

If it were me I would keep what you have and spend your money on other things. A front limited slip or locker would be a much better choice.

What size tires are you running? What timing is your pump set at?

Also do not use limiting straps on the front end, I have tried this and it does not end well.

I agree...work on your driveline first then the motor, you can build HP but if you cannot put it to the ground does you no good!

Don't run limiting straps in the front either, just will cause your truck to bounce and in my opinion do not work like think they would.

Thanks for all the info guys. So we will ditch the limiting strap idea, look at getting a locker for the front. What timing are you all running? 28-32 degrees? Can you run an s400 charger in a work stock class? Are any of you guys seeing a difference in flow from a 1 piece manifold to a 3 piece? Right now the truck has a pretty aggressive set of 33" tires on it.

Last edited:
Depends on how the rules are written as far as the charger goes. Post up a set of rules

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i much prefer my stainless one piece to my cracked ats 3 piece. timing will depend on few things (injector height, spray angle, etc). more than likely will have to find the sweet spot with it.

Thanks for all the info guys. So we will ditch the limiting strap idea, look at getting a locker for the front. What timing are you all running? 28-32 degrees? Can you run an s400 charger in a work stock class? Are any of you guys seeing a difference in flow from a 1 piece manifold to a 3 piece? Right now the truck has a pretty aggressive set of 33" tires on it.

A set of 35's AT's and running 4th gear would be great combo

I ran 36 degrees this year with delipped VP Pistons and factory spray angle, started at 28 and it was a HUGE difference in power adding 8 degrees, I'm a fan of my steed manifold if you can wait for it, but I am full COTPC 2.5 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back