World record pro mod passes

thats a 5.50 pass in the 1/4. Wow

Yes at least, i would like to see those splits...it looks like a strong back runner for sure.

There said to be around 3000lbs and 3600HP+

TQ would be about 2000+ in a ride like that.....just crazy fast though.

Last edited:
2300 lbs.

Yes at least, i would like to see those splits...it looks like a strong back runner for sure.

There said to be around 3000lbs and 3600HP+

TQ would be about 2000+ in a ride like that.....just crazy fast though.

This may be a dumb question, but who is the chassis/body builder?

jc

Way to be on top of things...that was in testing in Qatar on Jan 11th.
Not exactly new news AND it's not an official world record.
My friend Frankie Taylor has the official world record with a 3.59 at 211 or somewhere around there, can't remember exactly right now.
I'll ask him at dinner on Tuesday.
Frankie has been in Qatar also, won one of the Pro Mod races with his black car and this last trip he put 10.5's on his yellow car and won an XTF race.

One last thing....3600 hp?
Do you know anything about current Pro Mods? HP these days is more like 47-4800....TQ is so far over 2000 you can't even imagine and if you think any of those cars weigh 3000 lbs you're on crack.

I don't mean to take anything away from Matt, but he is not a world record holder at this point.

Last edited:
Wow, a 3.57 is quicker then Frankie Taylor has gone and he backed it up with a 3.58, I think I would call that a record. Testing or racing he still did it.

Way to be on top of things...that was in testing in Qatar on Jan 11th.
Not exactly new news AND it's not an official world record.
My friend Frankie Taylor has the official world record with a 3.59 at 211 or somewhere around there, can't remember exactly right now.
I'll ask him at dinner on Tuesday.
Frankie has been in Qatar also, won one of the Pro Mod races with his black car and this last trip he put 10.5's on his yellow car and won an XTF race.

One last thing....3600 hp?
Do you know anything about current Pro Mods? HP these days is more like 47-4800....TQ is so far over 2000 you can't even imagine and if you think any of those cars weigh 3000 lbs you're on crack.

I don't mean to take anything away from Matt, but he is not a world record holder at this point.

It was in testing....it's not recognized as an official record. I didn't make the rules...

Righ off qrczone.com....go argue with them if you think it's an official record.

The 3.57 and 3.58, both at 212-plus mph, would have set both ends of the record in both the American Drag Racing League (ADRL) and Arabian Series had it come during an official race.

I don't give a rats ass about who's record is what... That is a damn fast pass.

Here are the rules i was baseing off of, but fast reguardless........and "the" fastest pass ever......

BODY-must retains its original appearance and profiles. No radical reshaping allowed. Must be OEM production body, no panel cars. Aftermarket lightweight replacement panels are limited to the hood, fenders, hoodscoop, hatch, doors and bumpers. One-piece front end is acceptable, but must be finished to retain a factory look, including grille and a hood that is separate from front end (no molding). All vehicles may also use lightweight replacement windows, but must retain as near a factory appearance as possible.

Aerodynamics - Radical modifications designed for aerodynamic advantage are strictly prohibited. Taping of any parts of body, seams, or front end is prohibited.

Firewall – Stock, steel firewall required, may be notched for clearance for bell housing, distributor, blower, or inter-cooler. Smoothing of firewall for appearance allowed. In the case of Corvette, or any other vehicle with a non-steel/aluminum firewall as produced from the factory, a flat STEEL firewall no thinner than .024 is permitted/required. This is not intended as a performance enhancement, Safety

Chassis – Any type permitted.

Rear Suspension - May be aftermarket 4 link, ladder bar, or modified stock suspension. Wheelie bars are acceptable, no limit on length.

DRIVETRAIN
Automatic Transmission - Any OEM/Aftermarket automatic transmission (Bruno etc) acceptable.

Manual Transmission - Aftermarket clutch less transmissions are allowed with a maximum of five forward speeds.

EXHAUST
All entries are allowed to use tubular headers. Must have mufflers.Turbo’s are except as mufflers.

Turbocharger - A single Turbo up to 106mm or twin turbocharger is allowed up to 88mm each. A single turbo bigger then 106mm must run at twin turbo weight.

Aftercoolers/Intercoolers - Aftercoolers/Intercoolers are permitted.

STREET EQUIPMENT
The following operational street equipment is required: Head lights or driving lights, tail lights, and brake lights.

TIRES
Any tire allowed.

Base Weight
2,600 lbs - Naturally Aspirated, unlimited cubic inch
2,600 lbs – SB Nitrous combinations,
2,800 lbs – S/B Centrifugally Supercharged 2,900 lbs – SB Roots blown (alcohol)
- No Screws

2,900 lbs – BB Nitrous combinations, 4.84 Bore

3,000 lbs – BB Nitrous combinations, 5.00 Bore, max bore spacing 5”.
3.000 lbs – Centrifugally Supercharged combinations, alcohol as fuel may replace intercoolers,
3,200 lbs – Roots blown (alcohol)
- No Screws
3,000 lbs – Turbocharged combinations using a single turbo, 106mm Max
- S/B 2800
3,200 lbs - Turbocharged combinations using two turbos, 88mm max alcohol as fuel may replace intercoolers -S/B 3000 lbs

WHEELBASE/WHEELS
Wheelbase - Must retain stock wheelbase with a maximum variation from left to right and front to back of 1 inch

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT

Note no car will be allowed to go faster than the Chassis is certified for by NHRA.
All NHRA safety rules will apply for your combination including Driving Suit.
This is for your SAFETY and the car next to you.

Last edited:
And why would you be looking at NHRA rules for an ADRL car?

Way to go Wade LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I needed that laugh this AM

Don't mind those pesky specifics, they always get in the way when you are trying to sound authoritative LOL

Back