Would like advise on parting out truck.

JWales

Obsession or Addiction?
I bought a 99' Ram 3500 4X4 and am considering pulling the motor to sell. I was wondering what i could sell the motor for? It is a stock 235hp engine with a 40hp chip and an Exhaust brake installed. It also has 4in exhaust tubing. I am running into lots of little problems (none with the engine) and would like them to go away. I am trying to find out if i can get around $3500 for the complete engine or if that is just to much. I bought the truck for the NV5600 and I just don't have the money to keep chasing problems. If i sell the engine i will probably part the rest of the thing out(not the 6spd). I have another project i'm working on and can't deal with 2 at a time. Some input would be nice.

$3500 is a little high but not insanely high if you sell it with all the accessories, pump, turbo,etc.

I'm trying to figure out if it is worth pulling out and selling. If i sell the engine it would come with everything attached. Turbo, altornator, A/C pump, vaccume pump, new P/S pump, starter, and 40hp chip. Basically everything that is bolted to it. The VP44 was replaced a few thousand miles ago also.

Back