Would using this stuff be worth it?

Coolant

I scanned the site. Did you call and find out how much it was per gallon? Sounds interesting.

i saw on their site it was $32 a gallon which is a little pricy but if it helps then it might not be to bad.

I know of some fords running it and sounded very cool--- non presureized coolant

so if the coolant doesn't get presureized there would be no need for a coolant bypass correct? no pressure to open the relief right.

Thats what I have been rolling around in my head as well-- i know the fords drill a 1/16 or 1/8 hole in the pressure cap

Evans is NPG or NON aqueous propylene glycol.

Evans uses a 2 lb cap or so. The coolant works really well . Diesels use the NPG+ . The coolant alleviates cavitation and cylinder pitting .

I use it in mine , temp stay rock steady at 190 . Even dragging a huge load.

Had a friend that ran it, and he was very happy with the stuff.

Said he could pull his 5ver up a pass, get to the very top and pull the radiator cap if he wanted.

I always thought about going to it, but for the price I just didn't want to spend the money on it. Sounds like a decent upgrade.

Dockboy thought that very same thing. However he managed to blow a free plug on his truck when it wasn't fully warmed up. I'm sure for most DD trucks' it's fine and will do the truck. Wish I knew about ti last year when I changed out my coolant.

well it must still build some pressure if he blew a freeze plug, or it could just be his luck.

if its propelyne glycol no aqua (lol) i take it that u run it 100% non diluted (no water)

have heard horror stories of hot spots at 100%

i ran propy gly in my last cummins, mixed it 60/40water and it ran cooler

dont know about runnin it 100%

if its propelyne glycol no aqua (lol) i take it that u run it 100% non diluted (no water)

have heard horror stories of hot spots at 100%

i ran propy gly in my last cummins, mixed it 60/40water and it ran cooler

dont know about runnin it 100%

You can't run water with it , you will ruin it's properties.

Do a little reading on their site. Don't knock until you try it.

http://www.evanscooling.com/main23.htm

Evans is pressureless coolant because it does not steam. Has a boiling point of 350 degrees. In fact, I don't even use a radiator cap. Although, I found out the hard way, at high rpms the water pump still builds pressure in the back of the engine. If the thermostat is not open, you can still blow freeze plugs

"Propylene Glycol Anti - Freeze Coolant"

http://www.bakerprecision.com/neocool.htm

the last paragraph reads: "For high performance engines, NEO Anti - Freeze Coolant may be used in higher concentration, such as 60 - 40 or 70 - 30 ratios, or higher. However, the cooling system must be monitored carefully for hot spots, which could damage engine parts. The NEO warranty does not apply to this experimental usage."

when i picked it up in long beach i talked with the guy about it and he said dilute it. others at the race track confirmed his 'hot spots' fear. so i diluted mine. maybe they are all wrong and its fine at 100%. dunno, never tried it

ps - the stuff i got was purple

pps - i was happy to dilute it cuz it was fregin expensive

lol

Evans looks like smurf pi$$. And it has a sorta thick viscosity.

maybe the thicker viscosity of propo gly is where the hot spots come from?

or are feared to come from anyways...

"Propylene Glycol Anti - Freeze Coolant"

http://www.bakerprecision.com/neocool.htm

the last paragraph reads: "For high performance engines, NEO Anti - Freeze Coolant may be used in higher concentration, such as 60 - 40 or 70 - 30 ratios, or higher. However, the cooling system must be monitored carefully for hot spots, which could damage engine parts. The NEO warranty does not apply to this experimental usage."

when i picked it up in long beach i talked with the guy about it and he said dilute it. others at the race track confirmed his 'hot spots' fear. so i diluted mine. maybe they are all wrong and its fine at 100%. dunno, never tried it

ps - the stuff i got was purple

pps - i was happy to dilute it cuz it was fregin expensive

lol

NEO is not Evans NPG+:bang

YOU DO NOT MIX EVANS AND WATER!!!

In fact, it is highly recommended that there be less than 1% water in the system.

i didnt use NEO - used some other brand

but i think propo glycol is propo glycol

dont think it matter what color it is

i could be wrong tho

Back