WTB: MISC G56 Parts/INFO for 48RE to G56 swap

Taquache

Diesel Junkie
I yanked my 48 for a G56 with a new #3 of 3 Valair DD

I have the trans and clutch but I need a few more parts and or info

I need a tail housing, clutch pedal and pin, entire shifter assembly, bracket for the hydralics.

I think the engine adapter is the same BUT I'm not positive...

any info is appreciated also :woohoo:

Engine plate is the same. Hyrdaulics will bolt right up all the goods are there just need to remove blocker plate, same with floor/carpet.

Engine plate is the same. Hyrdaulics will bolt right up all the goods are there just need to remove blocker plate, same with floor/carpet.

Thanks dood! Sorry I missed you at finals!! Glad you didnt wreck!

I thought the adapter was the same.

Dan @ Valair said I need some kind of bracket for the hydralics that is the same from 99 to current... not sure what exactly he's talking about

And I'm not sure on the tailhousing, pics of a 2wd will be very helpful. The trans I bought looks like it needs something...

I need some pictures and or descriptions of the Driveshaft differences. I see that the G56 is a bolt on flange, I have a quad cab short bed 2wd so I'm curious as to what I need to have done to my drive shaft to get it to fit.

So you got tired of the 48? Haha, I'm excited to see this if I get that job out there.

I could try and steal my brothers shifter assembly. He'll never know... :hehe:

Sent from a broken iPhone

If your G56 has the bolt flange on the output, just get a flange yoke like bolts to the rear diff.

If you need the flange to convert a 4x4 G56 to 2wd I have one. I also have the flange yoke you need to bolt to the transmission. They come either in 1415 or 1485 series but have the same 4 bolt pattern.

Thanks. Ive got the flange on the trans already. My question is what to do about a slip joint

Mopar Part 52123121AA DRIVE SHAFT

Thats the part number for the drive shaft I believe.

I could use some pictures to see if mine can be modified

Back