Ya wanna know about chips?

the guys at di performance were really good to work with. the chip was nice on a tranny that was on its last legs. will have a new tranny and tc soon and see what it feels like then.

[QUOTE='Powerstroke7.3]:ford: I plan to start a thread for the unexperienced diesel driver. I bought my first one three years ago and had no idea what was going on under there. I just want to start by saying that unlike the many gas engines I have bought and built, easy diesel power is chips. I ordered my TS six gun and cold air intake. Thats the name I have given the six position. lol. So for all of you who like me have had the milder chips and no other mods I will let ya know what I think of it as far as a semi-pro dieseler goes. I think though that you should always start out with this basic consept when purchasing a diesel. EXHAUST, chop it. GUAGES, I have the BD Power digital and I love them compared to analog gauges. and finally CHIPS, let ya know how that goes but it looks like the TS is going to be the best over superchips and diablo. :ford:[/QUOTE]

Just wait until you start adding injectors... turbos... Drugs... It gets expensive!

I think that any kind of tuner is hands down better than an out of the box chip. A tuner from Jody or Tony is going to be programmed to the mods in your truck and make everything else work that much better. Not only that but Jody can even update your stock setting to make it run better in the stock HP before you add power. Not to mention that his power increases are in the useable range, not a "best gain"

Look Here and you'll find everything you wanted to know about generic tuners and how they leave a lot to be desired

Back