You guys with the ED 62/68/14..

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
What kind of boost and drive pressures are you seeing?

Mods, total boost, drive pressure, and peak dyno hp would be great. :)

Thanks in advance!

Or just the Boost number... That would be fine too. ;)

what's in the sig. for mods, at least 50psi, about 440/900ish on the dyno, even though my injection pump is f'ed up and not fueling worth a crap on the top end, and for drive pressure, not quite sure, but i dont need to worry about it with the 13ss housing. if you have got alittle extra coin to throw at the charger, go with the 13ss housing, im glad i did!

Wes

what's in the sig. for mods, at least 50psi, about 440/900ish on the dyno, even though my injection pump is f'ed up and not fueling worth a crap on the top end, and for drive pressure, not quite sure, but i dont need to worry about it with the 13ss housing. if you have got alittle extra coin to throw at the charger, go with the 13ss housing, im glad i did!

Wes

what makes you say that you don't need to worry about it with the 13ss housing? :confused: I know it's got bigger wastegate pucks, but a given boost level on a given compressor with a given turbine wheel will require a given amount of drive pressure

what i mean to say forrest is that in it's single form and the little amount of fuel that i am running with no drugs of any kind, i really doubt it will ever be a problem on MY TRUCK even if the wastegate never opens, though i'd like to know what the drive pressure is just for curiosity.

Wes

62/71/14 on my 98 12v at 535rwhp... at 48psi, I was 1:1 on drive pressure... at 50psi of boost, it pegged the 60psi drive gauge

I have to imagine the 68 turbine wheel offers higher drive than a 71 wheel... I don't think you're off the charts or anything, but you might find that if you measure drive and come down closer to 1:1 (not saying 1:1 is necessary or even ideal for all setups!) your EGT's may stay the same at a lower boost level :D

i agree, i wish my truck was fueling hard on the top end right now so i could really see what this turbo is capable of....

Is there a difference on the A/R of the 71 versus a 68? (for this discussion, since differing A/R's with differing turbine wheels would net different drive pressures)

Where you thinking Forrest? In the 42-45 range? Lower?

I wonder if there is a comparable garrett turbo on the market that I could look the map for and compare..

Mike, they run into the low 50's before we start to see the temps getting out of hand. 46-52 is great.

mine hits 50psi right away. Thats what it is wastegated at. I thnk mine is a 62/69 though

mine hits 50psi right away. Thats what it is wastegated at. I thnk mine is a 62/69 though

no such thing as a 69 turbine, there's the 65mm 11blade, 68mm 10 blade, 71mm 10 blade, and the 74mm 11 blade that's normally clipped.

Wes

Great news Chris!

I did actually plan on asking you this question also... :) :) :)

I'm thinking around 50 should be good. You set them from the factory, or do I get to tinker a little? It probably won't see 50 for a good long while either way.. I tend to baby stuff probably a lot longer than needed!

no such thing as a 69 turbine, there's the 65mm 11blade, 68mm 10 blade, 71mm 10 blade, and the 74mm 11 blade that's normally clipped.

Wes

There must be 2 versions of the 74mm wheel. Mine is 10 blades.

my bad i couldn't remember if it was 10 or 11 blades, i just know of the 74mm wheel that is clipped.

I didnt have a ed but I had a bell usb wich is the same wheel years ago and I made 571 and 55psi

The 74 is 10 bladed.

RC yours is a 68mm 10 blade.

Mike we set them around 42 but it's easy to turn it up or down with an Allen wrench.

Your USB could have used a 68 turbine wheel I've seen a few versions of that charger, but not the same compressor section. Was with your p-pump or still vp'd?

Back