'Zeus PCM' Standalone for CR from Destroked

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
The standalone options just keep coming!! :cheer:

zeus_04.jpg

DESTROKED: Cummins Conversions

Scott from Destroked: "[I will] be putting the features and description up on the site a little later today. "

Wow! I like the option of selecting between 5 preset tunes from the cab! Looking forward to learning more about this...

--Eric

Pardon my ignorance what will this do for someone doing a conversion? Will this combat any issues with using a ecm off a wrecked truck and the need to have it unlocked with smarty software?

Interesting.. who did they source that system from? I'm guessing somewhat direct from Cummins?

Edit:

I think I for see the value of the hand held programmer dropping, like hte value of hte TST box did shortly after the Revo software came out.

Not re-wiring things is going to be a nice selling point so long as the ECU doesn't have any stupid limits in it (waiting on the feature list!)

Very nice tho guys.

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool. I like the fact that it plugs right in to a factory harness. I still don't see the value of the hand helds going away though. Except in the high end performance stuff. Still plenty of Dmax hand helds being sold with EFILive on the market.

Pardon my ignorance what will this do for someone doing a conversion? Will this combat any issues with using a ecm off a wrecked truck and the need to have it unlocked with smarty software?

I didn't need an unlock or recovery file for my conversion. I thinks it's because I got a manual ECM. The Zeus seems like a great peice, it turned out nicer than I expected.

Last time I checked that drivven ecu wasn't available yet. Ten grand for the labview embeded software. But its a sweet unit.

other things that make this one nice, 8 more inputs for various gauge inputs and will do data logging on those inputs plus the ones it already monitors. Will run dual cp3's w/o adding an additional cp3 controller. Switch tunes on the fly- very nice. Ability to use much larger bar map sensors for more accuate tuning, imagine being able to tune using a 100psi map sensor and how you can limit smoke levels down low.

There is more but thats a few things that will make it worth the price tag, think if you spend 700 on a smarty, 800 on a tst and 450 on a pressure box 4k$ is not a ton more and does so much more as well.

looks like things are going to be improving on the cr. wonder what the price tag will be on them.

Copied from their site...

Price is not set... but expected to be around 3800 supposedly!

I bet there is gonna be a LONG waiting list for this!

-----

List of features:

Full engine control by the end user; no limits.
Complete end user control over fuel quantity per stoke, rpm, injection events, pulse width, rail pressure, timing, and much more.
Plugs into the factory harness and works with the stock sensors.
Works with stock cam gear
Change tunes on the fly; 5 position switch
Pilot injection
Controls both the factory alternator and fan
Has CAN communication with the TIP module in the truck
Built in Datalogger
Manual mode for testing and diagnostics.
Can communicate with an external gauge cluster such as PCS dash logger
Will control external components such as nitrous solenoids, fuel pumps, and electric fans.
Controls 2 cp3s
Reads external sensors and datalogs.
Drag racing stutter function (similar to a 2 step for the gas racers)

The Zeus ECM. There has been a need for end user control over the common rail Cummins since its inception. Not so much for the guys who are daily driving and adding 200hp but for the guys who want to squeeze every last drop of horsepower out of one. There were other units available but they were not only very expensive but also very complicated. I am not sure someone who designs ECM’s would have an easy time navigating through them, so how would an end user be able to do it? These were universal controllers. They were not designed specifically for anything. Meaning you have to wire it up yourself, machine your cam gear, etc. For a while no software was provided from Bosch. What's the point? You are buying this to have control over your engine. If you change a component on the engine, your program needs to change. It makes sense. You need the ability to do that. A lot of careful research and planning went into the Zeus. We wanted to deliver a fully functional unit from the start, but we also wanted the ability to expand. The ECM needed to be reliable, capable of maximum performance, loaded with features and most importantly, easy to use. Having the customer wire up their own unit was not an option. Accidents happen, and if a customer makes a mistake and ruins a board, it could be very expensive. Also, you may find yourself where you need to put the factory ECM back on. If you have modified your harness and cam gear, you are out of luck. Why not make it engine specific? This unit will run any common rail engine, but we put the extra effort into making it plug and play for both the 5.9 and 6.7 Cummins. The Zeus ECM also has a manual mode. This is where you enter a pulse width, timing, and duty cycle on the pump, and run the engine. This all happens in real time and will give you a feel for how the engine reacts when something is changed. This is extremely handy to get a feel for how the engine reacts to changes in parameters. Getting a feel for your engine will help you in tuning the maps. The tables are easy to navigate and easily understandable. Much effort is going into ensuring that the documentation is up to the same high standards of usability as the software. There is a 5 position tune selection switch that can be used in a couple of ways. One is to have different maps loaded in. Say a fuel economy tune, a race tune, a tow tune, one for use on the dyno, etc.Or if you are tuning on the dyno, load some changes in the maps, make a pull, turn the switch make a pull turn the switch etc. It is a quicker way to do your tuning than changing a map in between. The ECM has a built in data logger. You can log all of the information in the Zeus as well as from the 3 programmable digital input/outputs and 12 fully programmable analog inputs/outputs. These can be used to read additional egt probes, boost sensors, control nitrous solenoids, fuel pumps, electric fans, water injection, etc. There is a separate port for CAN communication. This could be used to communicate to an external gauge cluster such as the PCS dash logger. CAN communication to the TIP (totally integrated power) module in the truck is done through the factory harness. Unlimited RPM - The Zeus ECM will allow you to unleash the RPM potential of your engine! We have exceeded the mechanical ability of the engine, meaning we can command the injector to open and close faster than it is physically able. Rpm depends on a lot of variables. Head flow, injector size, cam profile are a few. We can command the injectors to open at a specific crank timing, and for a specific number of microseconds. Lets say for example at 8000 RPM and 30 degrees of timing you might need a 625 microsecond pulse width. Well a larger injector nozzle may need a shorter pulse width. A larger nozzle will probably also need more pressure. The point is you may make peak horsepower at 5000 rpm or it may be at 8000 rpm. Either way you have full control to do what you want. The Zeus and the Software are not going to be the limiting factor. Your only limits will be the mechanical ability of your engine. With the engine running wide open the processor is only using 3% of its capability. There are other things that will come into play. Faster injectors, more airflow through the head, stronger internal components. These should give you an indication of some of our future projects. This now takes performance to the next level. For the conversion guys, a lot of things will be made easier. Being able to run whatever pedal you want and just choosing the calibration for it in the software. Running the cruise off the factory buttons without a servo, controlling the fan, etc. For competition off road use. Price is not set but is estimated at $3800

I was told it a couple months ago it will be about $3800, I didnt know that it will control a second cp3 by itself, thats awsome. I can make a second cp3 setup pretty cheap on my own, only thing stopping me is the electronics. I will be getting one of these when I finish my current project.

There really is a Santa Claus and Christmas has come to the CR world!!! This thing sounds really cool. It would be great to see someone put it on a dyno or take it to the track and see how it preforms. It sounds like the age of the CR is coming to be.

Back