Zeus standalone

6.7puller

Cummins nut
Been running a Zeus now for one season on my 6.7 and have now trashed my 3rd engine. Have worked with Scott at Destroked and have tried everything and replaced every major component at least once and am now on the verge of selling the Zeus and running an 06 ECM and wiring harness with efi live. I saw Jared Troyer's truck "raw deal" is running a Zeus and it was tuned by Brandon Miller. Does anyone have any contact info for Brandon?

Well I found out he's joefarmer but I'm new here and don't have enough posts to send him a message, so I guess I just wait until he sees this thread.

Well I found out he's joefarmer but I'm new here and don't have enough posts to send him a message, so I guess I just wait until he sees this thread.

what kind of builds have you trashed so far (rod/piston combo)?
What keeps breaking?

Jareds had been really reliable sense his new engine was built at the begining of the season in 2012 - sounds like you are having a variety of issues!

What kind of problems? I doubt that they were zeus caused unless it was by poor tuning. What are you running rpm?

Last edited:
If you have hardware issues EFI live won't solve them. My truck ran strong for 2 years with Zeus. Looking forward to another good year.

I melted 2 pistons the end of this past year (trying to push limits).

If you have hardware issues EFI live won't solve them. My truck ran strong for 2 years with Zeus. Looking forward to another good year.

I melted 2 pistons the end of this past year (trying to push limits).

What's pushing limits?? Never melted any pistons nor should you ever??

Had the injectors open too long after TDC. Trying to keep a new Turbo lit.

Why am I not allowed to melt pistons?

I'm here! Jared's success is his ability to surround himself with excellent people. The Zeus isn't a fix-it-all, but it is a tool that can enable an engine to perform at its best.

each time it was either rod bearings, melted pistons and exhaust valves, injectors or a combination of both. im not saying that the zeus caused everything everytime,I'm just looking for help from someone who has experience with tuning it. When the truck starts it runs good(most of the time) but i don't always have 45 mins to screw around trying to start it and get it off the trailer. i was looking for Brandon because Jared Troyer told me he is the one who tunes his and he said his works good.

what kind of builds have you trashed so far (rod/piston combo)?
What keeps breaking?

Mahle coated pistons and Carillos every time with balanced and girdled bottom end 14mm. So far one rod, one crank one piston, injectors.(first time)
(second time)injectors, pistons.
(third time) injectors(hopefully just tips, will know that later today) pistons, exhaust valves, and cylinders.

If I trashed that much in that period I'd rip every piece of electric anything and put a p-pump on it and be done.

The tune is kicking your ass big time. Zeus was real rough on the edges to begin with and even the pulls I've seen on a good truck pressure control seems to suck ass at the end of a pull.

That said if your committed to the Zeus, an experienced tuner with them would be a step forward.

Mahle coated pistons and Carillos every time with balanced and girdled bottom end 14mm. So far one rod, one crank one piston, injectors.(first time)
(second time)injectors, pistons.
(third time) injectors(hopefully just tips, will know that later today) pistons, exhaust valves, and cylinders.

Ouch. Who's putting all these together for you?
You might want to look into going to steel pistons instead of coated stockers.
Jared had great success with his engine that was put together by Drew at D&J

If I trashed that much in that period I'd rip every piece of electric anything and put a p-pump on it and be done.

The tune is kicking your ass big time. Zeus was real rough on the edges to begin with and even the pulls I've seen on a good truck pressure control seems to suck ass at the end of a pull.

That said if your committed to the Zeus, an experienced tuner with them would be a step forward.

I'm only committed to it because of the $3800 I paid for it.:bang

Ouch. Who's putting all these together for you?
You might want to look into going to steel pistons instead of coated stockers.
Jared had great success with his engine that was put together by Drew at D&J

This time I'm using Aries forged hard anodized. Next step is steel.

Back