Zeus standalone

Ouch. Who's putting all these together for you?
You might want to look into going to steel pistons instead of coated stockers.
Jared had great success with his engine that was put together by Drew at D&J

UCF machine in Carlisle pa, they are somewhat local to me.

Who all makes steel pistons for a 6.7? Name brand or custom?

damnit i forgot you were a 6.7 :doh:
Monotherms were supposed to be out this month for the 6.7L but I got an email a couple of weeks earlier from Eric saying they had to push it back again another couple of months.

damnit i forgot you were a 6.7 :doh:
Monotherms were supposed to be out this month for the 6.7L but I got an email a couple of weeks earlier from Eric saying they had to push it back again another couple of months.
I was gonna say, I talked with Mahle a few weeks ago and they told me a few more months but i cant wait that long, so Aries forged hard anodized it was.

DO NOT DO MONOTHERMS.... waist of money and heavy pigs... jared has ross and hasnt melted anything..... as far as the other guys tuning and melting pistons..... im not sure why your pushing it when theres no found power to be had with leaving the injector open that long...... maybe idk what im talking about though?? but about every time you trash pistons and melt them your injector will go with it and vise versa...

get with brandon he obviously knows what he is doing, I have put my input in enough over the phone with you ont he subject so Im not going to argue with these guys about zues vs efi. Ill let the track do the talking this year... seemed to do it last year too

get with brandon he obviously knows what he is doing, I have put my input in enough over the phone with you ont he subject so Im not going to argue with these guys about zues vs efi. Ill let the track do the talking this year... seemed to do it last year too

I havent 100% decided on zeus or efi yet. Its just hard for me to spend more money on tuning with efi when i have $3800 billet brick sitting in my garage. Thats why I'm on here trying to find out which is going to be more cost effective for me. Just spent 5k at the machine shop and who knows what ill have in another set of injectors. No hard feelings towards you.

I understand I was more stating it towards the guy who says he should be allowed to melt motors bacasue he doesnt know when to stop...lol No hard feeling Id like to help you out asmuch as possible whether it be zues or efi and hopefully with some nice exergy's!

DO NOT DO MONOTHERMS.... waist of money and heavy pigs... jared has ross and hasnt melted anything..... as far as the other guys tuning and melting pistons..... im not sure why your pushing it when theres no found power to be had with leaving the injector open that long...... maybe idk what im talking about though?? but about every time you trash pistons and melt them your injector will go with it and vise versa...

I agree on the monnotherms.

But seriously im just some idiot tuning on my truck. I dont have a dyno. Sorry I melted 2 un-coated pistons that I had to put in mid season to keep competing. Zeus is my first go around at tuning on a motor, I am by no means a pro tuner. I am learning how to do this stuff as i go.

Last edited:
I'm not calling you a idiot just stating that pistons don't just melt.

I know they dont just melt. It was my fault and my lesson to learn.

I could have just not mentioned it all but i was trying to help 6.7puller.

Iv melted my fair share of pistons too, I've never changed anything on the tunes that Scott sent me except for what he told me to change on the phone. I can understand pushing the limits if your new to tuning with the Zeus, especially on your own truck since its at your own risk. I really don't know much at all about tuning these that's why I'm looking for someone to write my tunes, I'd really like to get it on a dyno and have someone there that knows what there doing so I can learn myself. I'm willing to trailer the truck anywhere to get it tuned. I'm just getting tired of rebuilding the engine every one or two hooks. So I'm giving this Zeus one more chance, I would prefer to do this in person not through email and phone, but I'll do whatever works.

I wouldn't band-aid with steel pistons until you know you have a combo that won't work aluminum. Chris and Danny are right. Until Zeus gets full control over rail pressure, it's a hunt in the dark. With Jared's truck, it's a bear to start <60F because you have no automated control to start the truck and meter fuel by sensing OAT.

I'll gladly tune Zeus, let's just make sure the engine basics are covered.

I wouldn't band-aid with steel pistons until you know you have a combo that won't work aluminum. Chris and Danny are right. Until Zeus gets full control over rail pressure, it's a hunt in the dark. With Jared's truck, it's a bear to start <60F because you have no automated control to start the truck and meter fuel by sensing OAT.

I'll gladly tune Zeus, let's just make sure the engine basics are covered.

How did you learn how to tune Zeus? Self taught or what? What do you call the basics?

Really it's not much diff then Efi as far as timing and rp and pulse, he was also very involved in the keyboard side of the making of the Zues, basically he's had his hands in it since day one.

Yep. I wrote the software used to tune the Zeus. Dabbled in duramax tuning since it came out for the LB7's back in the day.

Basics:
1. good flow sheet for the injectors
2. well-educated guess for the operating rpm window from your engine builder
3. matching and balanced parts

6.7 Puller, would you be willing to upload the tune you are running here and I can take a look at it? I'm no pro-tuner but I was an electronics engineer for CAT for 8 years before my law career. I have experience with all the big three manufacturers, many years of Deere P-pump work, and I'm not trying to steal anything as I have a fourth gen (with MCC...which is ok at best right now but better than nothing at all).

Back