01 7.3 no start!!!!

RNicol

Growin them Bushels !
Just got a call from my dad, and our farm truck which is an 01 F-350 7.3 will crank good but will not start... I'm not home to look at it right now but I was just wondering what you guys think...

no it wouldn't. mine went out on my old ford. shut it off went in got a soda came out and bam no start.

I guess I can start with that. Did you just buy one from like auto zone or an oem?

The purple one from the international dealer is supposed to be better

Cam sensor if there is no tach reading. If that doesn't fix it check the injector control pressure or idm. The engine won't start if the ecm doesn't see enough oil pressure to the injectors(400 psi I think). If it starts once it cools off its probably injector orings or hpop. With a bad idm you wont be able to hear the injectors clicking while its cranking.

Cam sensor if there is no tach reading. If that doesn't fix it check the injector control pressure or idm. The engine won't start if the ecm doesn't see enough oil pressure to the injectors(400 psi I think). If it starts once it cools off its probably injector orings or hpop. With a bad idm you wont be able to hear the injectors clicking while its cranking.

Not saying you're wrong, but idm was just replaced back in the winter, along with driver side uvc injector harness, so I would hope the idm wouldn't already be bad but who knows. I haven't had a scanner on it yet so i'll throw this sensor on and see what happens, and go from there.

Not saying you're wrong, but idm was just replaced back in the winter, along with driver side uvc injector harness, so I would hope the idm wouldn't already be bad but who knows. I haven't had a scanner on it yet so i'll throw this sensor on and see what happens, and go from there.

No problem. I didn't notice you had a 7.3 so you probably have it under control. I learned this stuff because the two I had were major pos'.

No problem. I didn't notice you had a 7.3 so you probably have it under control. I learned this stuff because the two I had were major pos'.

10-4 I kinda got out of the 7.3 world, but my dads still got one and I gotta keep it going i guess

Fix it yet? If not, check #30 fuse..... I think. If blown, unplug fuel bowl heater and change fuse....voila

Fix it yet? If not, check #30 fuse..... I think. If blown, unplug fuel bowl heater and change fuse....voila

I haven't been home yet, and I may be busy tonight so it could either be late tonight or tomorrow.

Well what I thought would be an easy fix did not work.. Just put a new CPS in, and I got in the truck and all it did was crank and crank, but no engine fire. However I did pull a couple codes from my dads tuner. They were 1670, and a 0475. I'm busy the rest of the day so nothing else will probably get done today Help me out Boys!

Back