01 turbo on a 06 6.0

utlonghorn416

Any body running one ? Have the chance to buy one and was woundering what was involved with the install. Post pic or video if you got them. Thanks

I must have missed read other post about people having different stock turbos from other years on there 6.0, so its a 03 that you want?

Yes...an 01 is a totally different turbo. Far from a bolt on replacement. If you find an 03 turbo to swap on then you need the pedestal also.Those were different after 05

Thanks for the help ! I feel like a jack azz, but I am still learning what works and doesnt.

Yes...an 01 is a totally different turbo. Far from a bolt on replacement. If you find an 03 turbo to swap on then you need the pedestal also.Those were different after 05

04's are different as well. (I don't know what the build date of the revised pedistal (turbine housing) is, but my 04 has it)

So, a whistle is the only noticable difference. What about turbo lag ? I installed an sct x3 street tune by eric today and it seems alot stronger. Seems to boost a little faster.

Im looking for an 03 turbo and pedistal for my 06 if anyone has one to sell.