02 f250 wiring issues, please help

RideIcon

CRAZY
So about 6 months ago my trans tail housing exploded and left the transfer case and both front and rear drive line on the ground...
In the process ripping through a ****load of wires running between the transfer case, transmission and truck.
The shop did there best to match the colors to get it back together and rolling so i could get it home and work on it, well it'll start and drive now but the power is GONE!
im not sure if it is the torque converter lockup, but the engine doesn't seem to have power i don't think its that,
maybe the pcm is dead or dropped the superchip?
something, also its been sitting for over 6 months in very hot temperature, could it be the fuel is done? clogging the pump and filter? that would explain alot! i think im going to drain it and check everything, i wish i had my edge installed so i could watch fuel pressure!
here's my truck for those of you who don't remember..

also its got a hardcore stereo and someone broke into the truck while outside the shop and ripped the faceplate off the navi unit and got scared and left it, we put it back together but now the batteries are DEAD! we can charge each for a day and they wont hold charge, not sure if its something pulling power with the recent wireloom destruction or something else...
I kinda hope its the batteries so i can warranty them out

l_8c2718909f1589a8f559598ef1b0959d.gif

l_1abea7f99fbad902e79e66157586c896.jpg

last pic is of it outside the shop without tranfer case or drivelines...

no rush, im just trying to get everything back to normal and sell it...
im not allowed to drive... i was horrified to drive it home from the shop today as my license is suspended and no one else had the nerve to try to drive the beast...

no one yet?
anyone have a wireing schematic of the wire loom between the cab trans and transfer case?????

i think there was a web page you can buy info about your vehicle. for like 10 or 20 bucks, you get everything for your vehicle for a year. i will see if i can find it again.

Does the fuel pump come on when you turn the key on?

yeah, the truck starts and runs, i drove it home, it just lugs up hills and doesnt build boost..
somethings ****ed in the wiring the shop screwed up the 4x4 light stays on when the switch is off and the overdrive off light flashes on and off.
also the fuel in the truck is almost a year old, and this is redding the temp is pretty bad, could the fuel be getting thick? maybe thats a big part of the problem clogging the filter??
when i turn the key over to the on position i hear a weird sound from the engine compartment, it soulds almost like a fuel pump turning dry but last only a split second, and you can hear it spool down so its not that it was just getting fuel, and it happens everytime i turn the key over...
the batteries seem to be holding a charge better though.

You're power loss is from the trans being in limp mode thats why the od light is flashing. If you get the right scan tool and scan it it will give you the code for what ever is wrong with the trans. A wire either didnt get connected properly or they are crossed up. On the up side low battery voltage can also cause the porblems you are describing. Change the batts out first as this is most likely you're problem.

I've got a stereo in the truck that has many thousand volts, and the batteries are out of cell phone repeater towers, lol.
if they can hold ANY part of a charge they have enough, the stereo turns on and HITS, the batteries are not the problem.
I figured the pcm was in open lop, i didn't know the trans could cause that, I'll get it re-wired here soon, gotta leave to work in 7 minutes:blahblah1:

Im sure the shop screwed the wiring up as they said "they werent sure the colors looked the same" things like that....
well the batteries are holding power for sure now, it is the trans/ chassis wiring thats the problem.
should i get rid of this year old fuel in the truck or is it alright to idle on if im willing on changing the filter once i get it going again? cuz i cant really drive the thing down and get fuel...

heres a picture of what the wiring looked like when they started fixing it, lol.
l_b2c948ba8d182415e6281b6aecac552a.jpg

and you can see that oasis compressor on the cross memeber

Last edited:
hey is anyone here a member of that alldata.com??? can you just download the wiring diagram and upload it online here and let me download it? lol. or maybe i can set up an account and i could do the same for everyone else if needed but i don't really have any cash.... lmao!!
im soo poor...

im suprised none of the shop owners here have helped you yet. i figured somebody would have sent you something. i know of a few salvage yards local that have a few f250/f350 do to accidents. maybe getting a wiring harness from them would be easier. dunno. hopefully someone will post you a diagram.

just print screen it or something, =( im kinda stuck, the colors look the same, lol.
can anyone get a wiring harness from a crashed truck? i've got $20:poke:

eww you can see the poor transmission housing in that picture up there too...

will i be able to swap the wiring without pulling anything? as im at my buddys house and dont have the tools or means to do anything massive, lol. especially with this huge truck..

no one can tell me where all these wires go?
i need a diagram, lol.
my carrier bearing got ripped apart when a bolt came out on it somehow i just got that back together today, not to big of a hurry as the truck is just sitting but it would be nice to have something to do this weekend like re-wiring the harness down there..

alright someone show up today willing to deal with the wiring issue and you can have the truck for 50K
the only thing you dont get is the edge w/ attitude, and the front drive line, well you get the front drive line it just needs to be shortened to fit.
and i will send you the edge when i get the next one,
also someone broke into the truck and tried to take the stereo, busted the faceplate springs that hold the face on straight, still works great and can easily be fixed or warrantied by an audio shop, i dont have the means to take the truck to the audio shop, lack of license, stuck in open loop, and the fact that it is illegally high for california make things difficult...

or i will continue to fix the little problems and shoot for 55 or 60K,
last year of the 7.3 =)

plug on transfer case has 2 wires that are vio/yel
one on #5 goes to motor5 behind right side of dash and one wire should go to TR sensor on left side of transmission.
well whoever did this spliced the wires together so they are both going to the "motor5" inside the dash, but i can't find the TR sensor, the sensors i can see on the tailhousing of the trans have different colors, is the TR sensor up farther or hard to get to from underneath the truck?
thanks
pics!
image_00052.jpg

image_00053.jpg

image_00054.jpg

the transfer case is clocked pretty extreme for the lift if its confusing looking, lol. i couldnt get up there to do anything if it wasnt:rockwoot:

alright i figured out where the TR sensor is, and traced it back, but there are 2 VOL/YEL wires coming out of the main loom, wire 4 on the transfer case loom and wire 7, the VOL/YEL wire on the TR sensor splice together and go to one of the VOL/YEL wires on the loom, and the VOL/YEL wire #5 on the transfer case loom goes to the other VOL/YEL wire.
the 2 VOL/YEL wires coming out of the main chassis loom are the ones leading to the "motor5" behind the dash, and wire #9 reverse? dash wire.

any ideas how to figure which is which? should i put it into reverse and see if the dash light comes on? lol. or the reverse lights behind the truck? does that have anything to do with this? the diagram says reverse on one of those wires.

we'll i've had them hooked up both ways and the 4x4 switch doesnt work and the truck still doesnt make enough power to get the truck rolling in overdrive...

someone get me a replacement loom please! I'll hook it up, lol, at least i'll know the problem isnt there and to start looking else where.

the fuel is really old...

Last edited:
Back