.022" DVs

wildmanben

Farmboy...
Put a set of these in last night, took out the 181 valve and dropped the .022" in the 181 seat. Wow, what a difference. Gained 5-6 psi, EGTs are about the same. There is a little bit more haze while driving, but nothing like Full Cuts. Havent been able to tell if the turbo can clean it all as it was dark, and got on it and blew the fitting out of the water/meth controller... Well worth the $$$ IMO. Still grinning from ear to ear about these things! :woohoo:

What are the characteristic of laser cuts? just very smoky or are they really touchy for a street vehicle?

My LCs are very streetable but they might be puttingout to much fuel on the top but I haven't made it to the track to find out yet, I really want twins in the future, so I really want to keep my LCs,

Would bigger dvs put out the fire on top end with less rack travel?

i have the rack travel mod in my truck and big smokey injectors (love em)... at 6600 feet elevation, they smoke, and dont clear even at full boost,

so thats when i came up with the idea of variable rack travel, controlled from in the cab... Having that i can control power and smoke once turbo spools... like a valet switch, but i have all kinda levels, where the valet only has full and none!

i simply put an air pressure regulator in the cab, having a line from the air intake to the regulator, back to the afc housing.... one right turn of the regulator knob gives me full rack travel, turn it left, and it cuts out more and more, till i have no smoke at full boost... 12 valve IN CAB ADJUSTABILITY ROCKS!

oldsmokey97 said:
exactly how do the .022's differ from full cuts????

Lance

dvscollectfu1.jpg

my question... is the .022 delivery valve shorter then the stock dv? to me it looks like it,,, if that'd be, wouldnt it kinda affect timing? open and close sooner?
the plunder would take londer to hit the valve and open it... but after all that... maybe it just lookes like it on the pic (and yes the 181 and 022 are taken side by side and arent resized individually!

anyone know?

Last edited:
yeah I am thinking that I will have to do something, seems to be pulling down the pressure at WOT lately. Got a gauge coming this week hopefully.

Smokem said:
Timing advance from the camshaft and plunger design of your 887. You keep this up and that truck is going to run one day. If you need some info on the fuel system with an A1000 I have a lot of pictures.

Any thoughts on using a 11104 (800 lbs/hr) or a 11102 (1000 lbs/hr) instead of the A1000!

The A1000 moves a good bit of fuel, especially with a 12AN feeding it and it's cheap!

Jim

probably!!!!

My fp used to drop to 0 also... and truck just didnt pull hard at all past 3k rpm

i put on a Walbro style pump (got it of a newer model 7.3 PSD truck,) inline with the stock lift pump.... what a difference in power, getting the fuel it needs!

Thanks Lance, it might be a 191, the guy who bought them and posted the pic, didnt know what they where!

Right now I'm running the 13109 and really like it because I can hookup the boost reference at the dyno in about 5 minutes. I do still run the stock system and I doubt I'll do away with it as it's quite normal for me to drive 300 miles a week when I'm home and an additional 400 if I go to Texas on the weekend.

You just don't hear about the other pumps much but they would move allot of fuel, especially the 11102. If I ever send my pump to Brady I'll get him to knock the other rear plug out for the stocker line then I can use the stock inlet for a bigger line from the aux system.

Jim

I could but that is some odd thread that I didn't have a fitting for. It wasn't a M14 or M16. Do you know what size it is, heck I would order the fitting and use it.

Jim

Weston you might have to come up here some weekend and help me out on this deal.
So is the A1000 big enough? Diesel-Dan has been trying to get me to go FASS on it, but thats a tad spendy and have heard lots of problems about it to.

the thread on the front of the pump it a metric thread. i have a friend that made up some of them that are -6 fitting on th eother end. i will see if i can dig some more up.

My guess is an M18 x 1.5 fitting! If so you can get them in 6/8/10 or 12 AN but I don't think a 10 or 12 will fit because of the assy case.

Jim