03-04 spray pattern injectors in a 07 6.7l?

Jgray.Proaudio

Don't Trust Nixon
Tittle says it all..
07 6.7
Fleece S471
Twin cp3

Will 03-04 spray pattern %200 over injectors run well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will run good but the 6.7 ecm will eventually burn out the solenoids in the 5.9 bodies.

The 5.9 bodies will fit 6.7 head but not vice versa without taking material off of the head or injector

To run 5.9 injectors you have to run a 5.9 ECM! Thought that was the reason for switching
A 6.7 with 5.9 tuning is works good but mixing the two into a 6.4 is the best!

don't mean to hijack, but I've been wondering about something similar as well. i was tossing around the idea of building a 6.4 and swapping it an 06/07, using the 5.9 ecm, injectors, harness and all... would all the sensors on the 6.7 engine work with the 5.9 harness/ecm?

Everything the harness has a plug for! You would use the 5.9 sensors anyway!

This is what I was wondering. Doesn't the 6.7 ecm operate injectors at 32v?

No. 12v to fire them. You'll see massive flyback voltages as the solenoids de-energize, but nothing over 12v to fire them.

To run 5.9 injectors you have to run a 5.9 ECM! Thought that was the reason for switching
A 6.7 with 5.9 tuning is works good but mixing the two into a 6.4 is the best!

You don't need to run a 5.9 ECM with 5.9 injectors. You do run into instances where a 03-05 ECM doesn't have the ampacity to fire the 6.7 solenoid reliably.

don't mean to hijack, but I've been wondering about something similar as well. i was tossing around the idea of building a 6.4 and swapping it an 06/07, using the 5.9 ecm, injectors, harness and all... would all the sensors on the 6.7 engine work with the 5.9 harness/ecm?

The IAT/MAP sensor plug is different on the 6.7 harness as well as the alternator plug. Early 03 will have a different style coolant sensor as well. Rail pressure sensor reads in a different scale.

No. 12v to fire them. You'll see massive flyback voltages as the solenoids de-energize, but nothing over 12v to fire them.

You don't need to run a 5.9 ECM with 5.9 injectors. You do run into instances where a 03-05 ECM doesn't have the ampacity to fire the 6.7 solenoid reliably.

The IAT/MAP sensor plug is different on the 6.7 harness as well as the alternator plug. Early 03 will have a different style coolant sensor as well. Rail pressure sensor reads in a different scale.

Yeash. Any CR injector trace I have seen uses peak and hold and sometimes two stage hold or even 2 stage peak.

They most certainly use high voltage during the initial peak phase and capture fly back on the end of the hold phase.

Do the nozzles not swap? I know crap about cr stuff. Whats the difference in spray pattern?

Even though spray patterns are pretty close, the nozzles won't physically swap.

What if one was to change the rail sensor on the 6.7 rail to the older 5.9 version, as well as the iat/map sensors.

Would it be plug and play essentially?

Would there be an issue with running a self regulating 1wire alternator instead of changing plugs?

Last edited:
Not really

SO this is not worth building? Is a 5.9 or 6.7 better? What is the down side to building a 6.4?
Like this: 6.7 block and head, 5.9 crank, Carrillo rods "NOW Available" For this build and a cam of your preference. Everything else is your choice!