03-04 spray pattern injectors in a 07 6.7l?

Yeash. Any CR injector trace I have seen uses peak and hold and sometimes two stage hold or even 2 stage peak.

They most certainly use high voltage during the initial peak phase and capture fly back on the end of the hold phase.
I could be wrong. The only Cummins CR utilizing the peak/hold that I've scoped have been aftermarket. I remember you posting the scope graphs. Were those stock or Nira?

OEM Duramax ECM does use the flyback recovery. I haven't found any evidence of that happening in the Cummins ECM. They use a Schottky to shunt to voltage source.

I could be wrong. The only Cummins CR utilizing the peak/hold that I've scoped have been aftermarket. I remember you posting the scope graphs. Were those stock or Nira?

OEM Duramax ECM does use the flyback recovery. I haven't found any evidence of that happening in the Cummins ECM. They use a Schottky to shunt to voltage source.

single.jpg

This was the scope trace of my Cummins 04.5. Again a high voltage peak followed by PWM'd bat voltage to maintain state followed by flyback on release. They most likely use Schottky's to protect the drivers. Pretty sure all the Cummins are using flyback to charge the high side.

don't mean to hijack, but I've been wondering about something similar as well. i was tossing around the idea of building a 6.4 and swapping it an 06/07, using the 5.9 ecm, injectors, harness and all

Going back to this scenario... Rather then using 03/04 injectors, couldnt a guy use the 06/07 injectors that originally came with the truck, but get proper spray angle nozzles for them??

single.jpg

This was the scope trace of my Cummins 04.5. Again a high voltage peak followed by PWM'd bat voltage to maintain state followed by flyback on release. They most likely use Schottky's to protect the drivers. Pretty sure all the Cummins are using flyback to charge the high side.
Good info, I sit corrected.

Going back to this scenario... Rather then using 03/04 injectors, couldnt a guy use the 06/07 injectors that originally came with the truck, but get proper spray angle nozzles for them??

yes this is the way to go! Since early injectors are 8 hole. So just have to get Nozzles made! Anybody know who does this?

I put a 6.7 in my 06 it's a easy swap use 6.7 long block bolt all you 5.9 stuff on including 5.9 injectors I ran 03-04 tips... Now I wasn't in competition nor did I push the timing but it ran good and I bet you can get custom tips of u really feel you need to!!

He said long block so I'd assume it was a 6.7 head.

Fwiw I wouldn't run a Siamese cylinder block without the steam holes.

Long block so head block 12v rods 6.7 Pistons then bolted intake plate off 06 and everything else fit perfect front case and all

Aren't the 5.9 ECM's 18 volts to open and hold, with the amperage dropping during the hold event, and 6.7's 24 volts to open and 18 volts to hold?

Back