03 6.0 shutter @ cruising 65 70 mph

03f350stroker

always learning
Hope my info on truck is posting with this thread.

Problem: when cruising 65 70 mph rpms @ 2300, the truck will shake/shuter when trying to increase speed. let off and get back into it, the trans will down shift and it will be ok. seems to only do it at this speed. does not do it in any other gear. code is giving a p2287 (injection ctrl press sensor circ iterm), p0500 (vehicle speed sens vss error), p0281 (cylinder 7 contribution balance fault)

Problem 2 idle is smooth when first started after running and throughly warm the rpms at idle are lower and engine idles rough not bad but noticible.

Problem 3 : I have a Elite D. vgt ssx (68/71) turbo, it boosts @ wot at 35#, the problem is when you are driving it will pull hard through all the gears until u reach cruising speeds, but when u want to pass or ncrease speed it will either lite and it go like a bat out of hell or it will increase the speed slowly. there seems to be no happy medium is this normal? what boost levels should ths type of turbo be at?

Opinions: I was told that if i replace my 185cc 100hp injectors and replace with stock injectors my egts will be lower I agree. but from what i was told my current set up should be fine for 80% daily driving and 20% towing (7000# load). could there be someithing wrong with my set up, tuning eilite d's, (see below my set up)

03 F350
Elite ported polished heads
arp stud
185cc 100hp elite injectors
vgtssx turbo by elite
trusted performance oversize fuel lines with regulated return
areomotive a 1000 high press pump with 3/4 in pick straw in tank
fass 150/150 low press sys
ats stage 2 autop tranny with 5star tc & billit flex plate (stall speed set at 2100 rpms)
afe pro guard 7 with seal intake
dr. preformance air fury
sct x3 tuner with erics tunes idp
dakota digital gauges
4" mbrp with cat delete straight piped
37 mt toyos on kmc rs 20" rims with
4.56 gears detroit locker
front diff. yukon limited slip
Pure power secondary filter
Pure power oil filter
banks tecni cooler/intak elbow

Last edited: