03 CR 47re Tranny Issue

FlyingHighRacin

Ok so I have a problem with my 47re. My truck will engage reverse and drive fine but now it will not go into OD. Just yesterday though when I was leaving work I backed out of my parking space the granny seemed to disengage its self from reverse. I stopped, threw it into park and back into reverse and it worked fine. Went into drive and drove about 100 feet and it disengaged from drive this time. Stopped, put in park and back into drive and the granny worked fine the 5 miles I drove home.

Here is what happened leading up to OD not working. Sorry this is so long.

Wife was driving the truck earlier to a friends house and as she was almost there she said the truck revd, she heard a noise and that was it. She was right by her friends house so she parked it there and called me. Came and got me in her friends car.
Anyways I started looking and there was something that looked like oil on the passenger side of my radiator, the turbo intercooler piping, and all over the front of the undercarage. The strange thing is that it is reddish and has no smell. I know ATF is red but I'm running JD oil which is not red. I couldn't find the source of where the fluid is coming from either but I'm almost thinking from the power steering. I checked that level and it was low. With the amount of fluid on the bottom of the truck though it seemed like there would be no Ps fluild left and the power steering was still working.
So I checked all the fluid levels and all were fine other than the Ps fluid so decided to drive it home the 3-4 miles. This is when I noticed I didn't have OD. Seems to shift through the gears fine but no OD. I have a built tranny with Monster Mikes input shaft and torque converter. Also right before I pulled in my driveway I was in 3rd and slowing down I threw my lock up switch to see what would happen and it brought the motor down like when you forget to disengage the lock up and try to stop.
Not sure if the fluid got onto connections of the granny and is causing it to act up or if my TC is fried or something else.
Once again sorry its so lengthy but if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

I would drop the pan and see what the filter and bottom of pan look like. It could be a clogged filter causing the disengaging , also if the filter is the problem it could have burned up OD from restricting line pressure, could also be valve body issues but not likely. I'll be in the shop Today 8-5 if you wanna call. 614 348 4277

Lavon

I would drop the pan and see what the filter and bottom of pan look like. It could be a clogged filter causing the disengaging , also if the filter is the problem it could have burned up OD from restricting line pressure, could also be valve body issues but not likely. I'll be in the shop Today 8-5 if you wanna call. 614 348 4277

Lavon

Well you were pretty much spot on Lavon. Went over to my mechanics and had him check it out. Either the trans cooler plugged and blew a small hole in it or it just has a hole in it and that's what caused the oil spray.
OD is definitly burnt up.
New clutches and trans cooler will be going in it next week.:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: