03 duramax

frdslar

i have an 03 duramax and i"m wonderin if you guys have any ideas on what to do after all the bolt on stuff is done any ideas would help Thanks

Next step would be a Injectors and Turbo. Maybe Nitrous? But be careful you're at the limit for the Stock Rods.

Injector nozzles and a small/medium turbo. You are close to the limit on your rods now but some have been really lucky and made it to 6-650.

Yea you should be knocking on the door of enough power to kill a stock turbo so that would be my next move. Then injectors if you can swing it but you may run into you cp3 pump keeping up. If you truly wanted to build a good foundation for future mods, I would invest in either a modified single or twin pumps. That way you can starting throwing the power too it for maybe a little till your connecting rods come out of the block to see what they have been missing in the outside world:hehe::hehe:

thanks guys
what kind of moded cp3 do you guys suggest for an LB7 I'm thinkin of goin with a the garret upgrade but was wondering if i should go bigger a bigger one like a gt40 so that I can use it to build bigger power in the long run if that makes sence
Thanks again

thanks guys
what kind of moded cp3 do you guys suggest for an LB7 I'm thinkin of goin with a the garret upgrade but was wondering if i should go bigger a bigger one like a gt40 so that I can use it to build bigger power in the long run if that makes sence
Thanks again

Just go with a little bit bigger turbo than you think you will need. I have seen to many guys(including myself) who should have just bought the bigger turbo instead of going just one step bigger and end up costing 1.5 times more in the end. You really need to make a long term plan on your goals and stick to them. I am guilty of all this but I am hoping to steer others from making the same mistakes.

As far as the pumps go, I have read and heard alot of good things coming out of wicked diesel. They have different stages of pumps to choose from.

I just went back and read your post. I over looked it but you will also want to budget a transmission upgrade.

I just went back and read your post. I over looked it but you will also want to budget a transmission upgrade.

Says in his sig "Built tranny"... Stock CP3 should not have any trouble keeping up with bigger Nozzles, I run 40% tips with a lift pump and stock CP3. I would suggest Twins, and a set of 30-40% tips, That will put you in bent rod teritory..:rockwoot:

Says in his sig "Built tranny"... Stock CP3 should not have any trouble keeping up with bigger Nozzles, I run 40% tips with a lift pump and stock CP3. I would suggest Twins, and a set of 30-40% tips, That will put you in bent rod teritory..:rockwoot:

I looked right over it in his signature, my bad.

Also is your rail pressure keeping up with commanded with 40% nozzles? What tuning are you running? The only reason I ask is because the stock cp3 with lift pump couldn't keep up with 40% nozzles in our pulling truck a few years ago. Ended up going to twins and that solved it.

I looked right over it in his signature, my bad.

Also is your rail pressure keeping up with commanded with 40% nozzles? What tuning are you running? The only reason I ask is because the stock cp3 with lift pump couldn't keep up with 40% nozzles in our pulling truck a few years ago. Ended up going to twins and that solved it.

Yup keeps up fine, Rob Coddens does the tuning on both our duramax's (LLY-LB7)

I should have clarified I meant twin turbo's in my original post not twin fuelers.

thanks

Thanks alot guys I was thinking of twin fuelers but i think i might try with 40% over injectors what turbo do you suggest a gt40 or something along those lines.
And also what injector tips do you suggest industrial or someone elses.
Thanks agian
the lift kit idea is gone
I WANNA GO FAST lol

Thanks alot guys I was thinking of twin fuelers but i think i might try with 40% over injectors what turbo do you suggest a gt40 or something along those lines.
Thanks agian
I WANNA GO FAST lol

I know for a fact a GT4094 will support at least 620hp and can still be driven daily, towing etc. I am also running twin cp3s and a FASS lift pump. What do you want to do with the truck?

its a daily driver street strip towing farm truck so it still needs to be reliable
anybody run a wicked deisel single CP3 or industrial or something big single

Thanks agian
I WANNA GO FAST lol

Call George (AKA Bigdipper) He did my 40% nozzles and is a good duy to deal with, reasonable rates to boot..

I know your probly wanting a lil bigger charger but I would probly sell my aurora 3000.

i think i wanna stick with a garett im thinkin gt 40 thanks anyways

ya it would prolly be cheaper for me to do rods now the after i send them to the outside of my motor

Go for the bottom end. A single CP3 and stock charger will give you enough to to kill the rods, so do them before you are looking for a block as well. You may be able to get by for a while without building the bottom end for now, but if you plan on keeping a higher power level for a sustained period, then you will be doing it eventually, but maybe not by choice. I suppose a nice hole is a good way to lower your compression ratio.

Back