03 fuse box work in an 05?

Trap_Shooter

I just asking if a fuse box (TIPM) out of an 03 will work in an 05? I know they are the same design but are there any differences internally that will cause them not to work?

On 03-05 truck the FCM (front control module) mounts to the fuse box, it's available separately. The do not need programmed, they work straight out of the box. Different years will not interchange.

yes they are the same and will interchange.....I order them all the time and the 03 to 05 uses the same part number at Dodge.

Fixing to replace one on a 04 dodge next week. Guy has hooked a bunch of extra light in to it and over loaded it.

yes they are the same and will interchange.....I order them all the time and the 03 to 05 uses the same part number at Dodge.

I stand corrected! Thanks Chris, I knew you would have some insight!

On 03-05 truck the FCM (front control module) mounts to the fuse box, it's available separately. The do not need programmed, they work straight out of the box. Different years will not interchange.

I'm not needing the FCM, just the fuse box itself. So the fuse box itself off of an 03 WILL work on my 05? Just double checking guy before I try to buy one.

I'm not needing the FCM, just the fuse box itself. So the fuse box itself off of an 03 WILL work on my 05? Just double checking guy before I try to buy one.

The fuse box will not interchange. The harness plugs are different.

The fuse box will not interchange. The harness plugs are different.

I just had issues with my personal 2005 Cummins truck and pulled the fuse box out of my 2003 truck and it fit perfectly and assured me the fuse box was my problem in the diesel.

I just had issues with my personal 2005 Cummins truck and pulled the fuse box out of my 2003 truck and it fit perfectly and assured me the fuse box was my problem in the diesel.

Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

That is definitely good to know, for some odd reason I had been under the impression that all 3 years were different!

Last edited:
I was going to use one out of an 03 for my 04, and it wouldn't work. The plugs were different. the dealer also showed different part numbers for different years.

I was going to use one out of an 03 for my 04, and it wouldn't work. The plugs were different. the dealer also showed different part numbers for different years.

I know mine interchanged and the dealer always gives me the same part number for those years. I changed 3 out in a 2 week period and all 3 boxes had the same part number. The new ones I changed out all came with new fuses and relays and were all 03 to 05 trucks.

Becareful some 05s are different then 03-04.5

Attachments

• 2005-IPMJPG.jpg
    2005-IPMJPG.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2003 PDCJPG.jpg
    2003 PDCJPG.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0