03 wont start

CumminsDriver

BAM BAM
my brother has an 03 that wont start most of the time unless he shoots it a small shot of ether. I dont know much bout the 6.0L i know a lil bit so im not completly dumb. The thing that confuses me is that once its started it runs fine but as soon as you shut it off it wont start back up.He has replaced alot of things on it but it still does it. No codes pop up. What should i look for? tomorrow ill have the truck in front of me so post up a bunch of things to look for and where they are at and etc to help me out i would really appreciate it.

THanks
Sean

Small leak in the High Pressure oil lines not allowing for the 500 PSI it needs to fire up, but if you hit it with ether, it gets started enough to overcome the leak?????

That is possible. 03s also have a mysterious intermittant pump failure. Sometimes they just don't pump. And then they work just fine. Does this happen hot and cold? Cold being sitting over night.

once shot with ether runs great hot or cold. get it started and then drive and turn off it wont start even if you give it a shot of ether and get it to run and then shut it off without driving it still wont start back up but it doesnt happen every time

I am betting on a HP oil leak somewhere. Oil is thicker when cold, so once it heats up, it leaks faster, hense the no start?????? Just a thought.